Which series are you currently watching?

• You cannot reply to this topic
476 replies to this topic

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Archivist
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 8,215 posts |
  • 169 Clan Points

Yuri on Ice is my jam right now. It was recommended to me as a reward for finishing my finals last term... I'm caught up to episode 10 so far!

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

"Puhi gave the people food and made the seaweed farm."

Spoiler

Gnarlymaple

Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 103 posts |
  • 28 Clan Points
Started Flip Flappers since a bunch of people kept talking about it.

It's good, need to keep going with it since I'm not far.

Saturos

Knight

• Temple of Kraden Ambassador
    Infernal Legionnaire
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 146 posts |
  • 9 Clan Points

I watched Avatar for the first time last year/the year before, and enjoyed it a lot. ^_^ I think TLA especially starts to hit its stride halfway through S2, and a bit towards the end of S1. So good <3

I also finished Flipflappers, am watching an older anime, Rage of Bahamut, and am slowly moving through Hibike! Euphonium 2 with my little brother. Just finished ep 7? So good @_@

KnightOfPurgatory

Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 154 posts |
  • 27 Clan Points
Well, its not a series, but I found this. It was kinda fun!
https://www.youtube....h?v=G6w1J5ESblQ

Tawny779

Official Refuge Lurker/TCG Whiz

• Centurion
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 700 posts |
  • 41 Clan Points

Blue Exorcist Kyoto Arc, hype!
Pokemon Showdown: Tawn
League of Legends: Tawny779 (NA)
Battle.Net: Tawny779#1879
Steam: Tawny779
Nintendo Friend Code: 1135-1686-4113
hit me up on any of the above!

Current Trading Card Game addiction:
Cardfight!! Vanguard

join the Official GSAR Discord! or My Personal Discord I use for gaming with people outside the GSAR community

View PostKirigishi, on 05 January 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Welcome to the Refuge, where nothing is ever normal.

KnightOfPurgatory

Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 154 posts |
  • 27 Clan Points
Just finished watching RvB again.

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,317 posts |
  • 119 Clan Points

New anime season, new shows

Blue Exorcist Kyoto Arc - Enjoyable to see characters grow but I'm expecting some more action as right now it's character development. Not bad but if you have a setting like this I'm expecting battles. Opening transitions are slick though

Saga of Tanya the Evil - I don't know what's so good about this series just am. It's a great action anime I'm just watching to see how the main character get's destroyed cause she has some screw loose. Or a couple. Also very fast paced which I enjoy

Gintama - Continuing with the serious arc is had going before it broke up which is very serious. Other than the first episode there haven't been that many jokes and it's setting up for some nice slick fights. It's gintama too.

Konosuba - Just great, just great. Main character is a douche, everyones a douche. You feel sorry for all yet still laugh at their luck or lack of it.

RWBY - Enjoying it. I watched the main fight scene which aired a while ago too many times. It's just too beautiful. Lovely show.
Posted Image
A bunch of quotes below.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Kirigishi

Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,402 posts |
  • 295 Clan Points

Watching Attack on Titan (Season 1) for the first time, and I am decently hooked. There's a deep cast of characters, an intriguing world, gorgeous graphics and animations, and some frighteningly true messages about humanity. My only complaint is that the storyline has very few moments of relief/resolution amidst the heaviness, so it can be a bit exhausting to watch at times, heh. Maybe that's just me, though.

Tawny779 said:

you come for the Golden Sun. You stay for the crazy <3

Misery said:

Common sense is the most uncommon of the senses.

Dave: I'm becoming a doctor.
Dave: I like people
Dave: ...when they're unconscious

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,317 posts |
  • 119 Clan Points

I'm surprised that no others have said what they're watching this season.

Attack on Titan Season 2 - Don't really know how to feel about this, it's starting to get interesting again with the newest episode but it somehow doesn't feel magically compared to season 2. Still a great anime don't get me wrong just not as great as many of the die hard fans make it out to be.

My Hero Academia Season 2 - A magically series. The main characters earnest determination is beautiful to watch and ther's constant character development that helps flesh out some of the side characters. With such a huge character pool it's great that most characters still feel unique. It also look gorgeous and it's fights are great as well, I have no complaints here.

Re;Creators - Another Re; show. Quick plot synopsis - characters from video games and TV shows appear in the real world for some reason. While episode 1 had a Fate-eque fight with swords and explosions the show definitely hasn't been focusing on the fighting parts of the show. Still expecting some great fights from it though. The characters though are what keep me coming back, they're well defined and there are lot of clash of ideals within them. There's a magical girl from a kids show here which I think was a genius move as her disbelief towards the real world was fun to watch. Also the whole concept of why these characters exists in a war torn world for purely entertainment is an interesting plot point thats also interesting to see how different characters react to. Also props to animation and character design, all characters look vibrant so far.

Sakurada Reset - Quick plot - town with super powers, usually useless powers. Powers are just a plot device though so it's character and mystery driven. Getting a very garden of sinners feeling towards this show probably due to the fact that they're both mysterious, names and that both don't follow chronologically order. However this show doesn't have epic fight senses but makes up for it with relatable characters and an intriguing plot.

KADO - Quick Plot - Alien appears and wants to help humanity. Probably one of the shows I'll drop if it fails, it tries to be ultra realistic with the concept of alien and negotiating but some characters are just painful to watch in this enviroment. Also there's little negotiating at this point which I feel is lacking and one of the drawing points which got me to watch it's show. It has a global reaction which is fine and dandy but somehow if you are going for ultra realism with this show maybe do a tad more research. Also it's CG anime which actually helps the show a lot, the CG fits the show. Interested what will happen but will probably drop it.
Posted Image
A bunch of quotes below.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,018 posts |
  • 368 Clan Points

Samurai Champloo. It's not terrible, but not fantastic either. I find that it's easy to get lost if I'm not totally paying attention, haha.

Attack on Titan sounds interesting; I might have to check that out soon.

View PostDeltan the Dramatic, on 02 July 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

Merc, Ignatius [...] these two are roughly equivalent to Exodia the Forbidden one.

Recipient of Posted Image

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,763 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

Finally watched Kimi no Wa (Your Name). Been waiting over a year to see this, and it did not disappoint. Absolute masterpiece.

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,018 posts |
  • 368 Clan Points

Hm. Did they make a TV series as well, or did you accidentally post in the wrong thread? I'm only finding a 2016 film. Sounds like it could have promise though; I'll add it to my list.

Atypical, on Netflix. It follows the stories of a teenager who is autistic and his family members as he seeks more independence in his life. I think it sort of hits a sweet spot at the intersection of comedy and thought-provoking content.

Merc, Ignatius [...] these two are roughly equivalent to Exodia the Forbidden one.

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,763 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

No, just the movie. Figured it belonged more in the anime series thread than movie thread.

Would highly recommend anyway. Even if you think the story is horrible (which it isnt), the art and music make it more than worth the watch.

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,018 posts |
  • 368 Clan Points

Ah, fair enough.

and...oh. this is in the anime & manga subforum. Atypical is not an anime, oops

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,875 posts |
  • 78 Clan Points

Just finished Little Witch Academia on Netflix. Not bad, just maybe a bit cheesy and the main protagonist is a bit annoying but otherwise a good watch.

Otherwise, it's just been My Hero Academia, which is dope in just about every way I can think of. Best show of the season, by far.
Posted Image

@UmbrAndrew for twitter, follow me for no reason.

Spoiler

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,018 posts |
  • 368 Clan Points

Kimi no na wa. About thirty minutes in or so, I was starting to doubt your film-judging skills, Dave, haha. Maybe I'm just not used to watching animes, but the story seemed kind of vague and aimless up until that point. It definitely seemed to take off after that though, with a satisfying and intriguing story and conclusion. I'm definitely glad I watched it.

Kiri and I are (very) slowly making our way through Mobile Suit Gundam 00. Mecha isn't usually a genre that thrills me, so I was hesitant to dive into the Gundam world, but the story's got me engaged at this point. Allelujah Haptism's my favourite, because of his name (which I originally thought was a single name, because everyone kept on saying both).

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,763 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

Mahoutsukai no Yome is something special. I really, really wish they wouldn't include stupid chibi scenes several times an episode which does nothing but ruin the scene... but that's pretty much the only fault I can find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users