- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Ryuujin Black

Terratron Terrorize!

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 401 posts |
I was talking with Zhou about how we could mass communicate within the clan.  Since PMs have a limit of 6 recipients we figured we should figure out a way to talk to all of the members and communicate some ideas.

Something like a messenger or a skype text chat would be ideal.  If you guys think this is good until we can get some private forum of some kind just post and I guess we can figure out something.
Current Addictions:  Meg and Dia, Starcraft 2, Being awesome.
"I'd like to say this was some kind of master plan, like hey this was my tech switch and I saw it coming ahead of time and I scouted it and I'm great! But no, it was actually more due to the fact that I wanted to build Immortals because I think they're neat."
Posted Image

Terant

Old Mercury Man

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 377 posts |
Aye, I was trying to think of communication ideas earlier as well.

AIM, MSN, and maybe Skype text chat (as mentioned in the first post) work best for me.

Zhou

Saint of I'se

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 640 posts |
For future posters, Post what you prefer and what you do have, or what you are willing to install. So for me, MSN, AIM, Steam kinda counts I guess.

Willing to download anything that anyone else would want to.

~Secretary | Treasurer of the Mercury Clan~

Xia Kou Xu (Blog)

Ryuujin Black

Terratron Terrorize!

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 401 posts |
Well to add to my first post I have AIM(who uses this anymore?), MSN, and skype.  I would be willing to install to communicate.  I do think Skype is one of our best choices.
"I'd like to say this was some kind of master plan, like hey this was my tech switch and I saw it coming ahead of time and I scouted it and I'm great! But no, it was actually more due to the fact that I wanted to build Immortals because I think they're neat."
Posted Image

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,765 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

Can't you just use the clan-only forum once I've set it up? We kinda need the activity.

Ryuujin Black

Terratron Terrorize!

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 401 posts |
That's what we will use once it up, just until then we thought of a small solution to talk to the clan all at once.  But by the time we work this out it'll probably be up.
Posted Image

Mayana

Morbidly Obsessed

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 158 posts |
  • 1 Clan Points
I have MSN, AIM and Skype, so any of these three'd work well with me.

Swordmaster

Impulse Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,671 posts |
  • 3 Clan Points
I've got an idea, kiddos.

How about we set up a Clan Contact Listing with everyone's IMing programs (or e-mail).

It's not like we need to debate about how to contact each other if all the info is there; if you need to contact a group of people, all at once, you can make a topic that requests them to be on a certain messenger at a certain time.

For example, say I wanted to contact everyone here on MSN at 9:00 pm EST(which I would)...

I would go to the Clan Contact Listing and look up the addresses (if I didn't already have them), then I'd post a request for -everyone- to be one MSN at 9:00 pm EST. Simply, I'd invite everyone to the MSN chat.

Since things can come up and the likes, I suggest giving people some heads up.
Spoiler

Ryuujin Black

Terratron Terrorize!

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 401 posts |
That sounds like an idea to me.  We can collect that info and post a list in our new sub forum for easy access.
Posted Image

Swordmaster

Impulse Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,671 posts |
  • 3 Clan Points
Cool, now we just have to figure out some other stuff, like the forum's name.
Spoiler

S.C.

Witch of the Wilds

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 811 posts |
Hm, I suppose this means that I'm going to have to dig around for my MSN account.. or just make a new name. Haven't really used MSN (or any sort of chat) in a while since Facebook started its own chat. I do have Skype though.
Spoiler

Posted Image

Facebook | Tumblr | Deviantart | Formspring

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users