Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,760 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

topic title.

I've been working my way through Assassin's Creed 2. I stopped about halfway through it, but once brotherhood's release date was announced, I figured I'd better actually finish it. Have also been replaying Mass Effect 2 as an evil bastard.

S.C.

Witch of the Wilds

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 811 posts |
Very nice. I've been replaying both Mass Effect 1 & 2, but I can hardly bring myself to make any of my characters evil...
I'm trying to finish Assassin's Creed 1. Ugh. It's been really hard since it's so repetitive, but I just want to finish it before I even think about picking up Assassin's Creed 2... Yes, I'm late to the X-box 360 game :)

I'm also playing through Borderlands. Just finished Bioshock, lost interest in Final Fantasy XIII. There must be something wrong with me. haha.
Spoiler

Posted Image

Facebook | Tumblr | Deviantart | Formspring

Spoiler

Ryuujin Black

Terratron Terrorize!

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 401 posts |
A lot of people do lose interest in FF13.  Out of all of my friends I'm the only one who really beat it.

Currently (as in right at this moment) I'm finally playing Metal Gear Solid 4 (after owning it since November), was replaying Infamous going through the evil side, replaying Assassin's Creed 2 (because I love it so), Golden Sun, Pokemon (mainly due to my brother challenging me), and Red Dead Redemption.
Current Addictions:  Meg and Dia, Starcraft 2, Being awesome.
"I'd like to say this was some kind of master plan, like hey this was my tech switch and I saw it coming ahead of time and I scouted it and I'm great! But no, it was actually more due to the fact that I wanted to build Immortals because I think they're neat."
Posted Image

S.C.

Witch of the Wilds

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 811 posts |
I dunno, the story of FFXIII really didn't interest me, and the only character I really liked was Lightning, who was pretty damn kick-ass. So I just gave up on it.

And yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm playing through Pokemon Diamond as well.. And on the Wii side I'm playing De-blob, Super Paper Mario, and the sequel to Tales of Symphonia... very occasionally.
Spoiler

Posted Image

Spoiler

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,760 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

View PostS.C., on 07 July 2010 - 07:04 AM, said:

I dunno, the story of FFXIII really didn't interest me, and the only character I really liked was Lightning, who was pretty damn kick-ass. So I just gave up on it.
At which point did you give up on it? It really picked up, like a lot, towards the end IMO.

S.C.

Witch of the Wilds

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 811 posts |
Hm, well I didn't stick with it for very long. I dunno, I may be past the traditional Japanese type of RPGs.... Might pick it up again at the local gamestop once the price goes down a bit more :) Plus, the boy and the girl (Vanille?) got incredibly irritating the more I had to listen to them whine.

I DO love the Mass Effect series, though. Played through both of them like the end of the world was coming the next day. I can't wait for the third one. Do any of you guys know anything about Dragon Age Origins? I was thinking of getting that sometime soon.

Ryuujin, is Infamous a good game? I was thinking of picking that up sometime, as well.
Spoiler

Posted Image

Spoiler

Kemosabi

Lithium Wisdom

• Members
  • 110 posts |
I played FF XIII up until about half-way through the second disc. After that, I just couldn't bring myself to play any more. I hold FF games up to the light of FF IX and X, which were the best FF games in my opinion. If they don't match that quality in storyline, then I don't bother with them. Besides, I barely knew what was going on in FF XIII until the second disc; not a fan of that.

I'm not actually playing anything at the moment! I just finished beating the living hell out of Prince of Persia: TFS for some easy gamerscore, and wrapped up the Red Dead Redemption single player a couple of weeks ago. I'd replay Mass Effect 2 (LOVE IT) but I've played those games to death (and I beat it within a few days of it coming out).

Fall is going to be the best time with releases like Halo: Reach and Fallout: New Vegas. I'll be plenty busy gaming then. :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

King Elizabeth

‽‽‽‽‽

• Members
  • 1,494 posts |

Posted Image

This. Right now.

[tumblr.] [deviantART] [last.fm]
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Posted Image

:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Zhou

Saint of I'se

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 640 posts |
Red Dead Redemption because its fun watching people move like animals (glitches). Battlefield: Bad Company 2, been playing the single player a little bit too.

Saints Row 2 to fool around in, Little Big Planet when I have people to play with, Team Fortress 2 because of what it is, Flotilla because its an awesome indie game, Mount & Blade: Warband because its an actual sandbox game.

Occasionally I play Killing Floor and Empire: Total War but not too often seeing as amongst my ring of friends I am the only one who plays both of those often.

Been wanting to finish up Final Fantasy XIII but as much as I like it, it doesn't appeal to me as much as the other ones did. It's relatively upsetting still to me, but it doesn't make it a bad game. Just doesn't make it a good final fantasy game with what they did with it. Hopefully Versus is promising.

~Secretary | Treasurer of the Mercury Clan~

Xia Kou Xu (Blog)

Icefox

Knight

• Members
  • 185 posts |
TF2 mostly since it's update season again. And I've recently finished playing Red Dead through a second time so I've played some of the multiplayer/co-op stuff as well. I have Split/Second I need to finish up now.

"What was that, sandvich? "Kill them all"? Good idea! Hahaha!" - Heavy Weapons Guy
Posted Image

Shiun Enshidia

Knight

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 114 posts |
Well time to show my obsolence.
I only have a Wii so I've yet to play FFXIII. From what I've heard though its...not so good. Linear as a straight line, terribad story and lots to read up on. Still, I'd want to give it a go.

I've been playing most recently Pokemon HeartGold. I was estactic when it came out and am playing it as slow as possible. I got it late March and I'm up to Blaine as we speak. I did do something interesting in I managed to manipulate Kanto and get to Pallet Town, then beat all the gym leaders in order. I didn't even know that was possible.

I've also been playing a game called Dark Chronicle (Or Dark Cloud 2) outside of EU/JPN. It's a fantastic game with so much to do, but the story is a little meh. I'm in the post-game dungeon and its very fun trying to build up all these weapons. I'm also failing miserably at Spedha.

I also got a game called Shadow of Memories (or Shadow of Destiny in USland). Its a Konami PS1 game from 2001. You play the role of Eike who's died. You have to go through time and try and save yourself. Its a bit like Heavy Rain in its multiple ways of doing things, except with no Quick-time. It's very intersting. For example, you get killed when you get stabbed from behind a tree, so you go back to 1580, steal a medallion, show it to a guy and tell him that the Prince wants you to make a statue there instead, therefore stopping you from being killed. Its very fun, but too short.

I really should update, but I prefer the old PSX/PS2 games a lot more.

Ryuujin Black

Terratron Terrorize!

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 401 posts |

View PostS.C., on 07 July 2010 - 07:16 AM, said:

Hm, well I didn't stick with it for very long. I dunno, I may be past the traditional Japanese type of RPGs.... Might pick it up again at the local gamestop once the price goes down a bit more :) Plus, the boy and the girl (Vanille?) got incredibly irritating the more I had to listen to them whine.

I DO love the Mass Effect series, though. Played through both of them like the end of the world was coming the next day. I can't wait for the third one. Do any of you guys know anything about Dragon Age Origins? I was thinking of getting that sometime soon.

Ryuujin, is Infamous a good game? I was thinking of picking that up sometime, as well.

FF13 just seemed to be a game that just introduces you to the world that this next set of games will exploit.  And in the beginning Hope and Vanille are annoying but later on it either grows on you or you just accept it.  Near the end of the game it does pick up.  I personally liked all the information I got from 13 and enjoyed the backstory and lore and such.  Probably why I enjoyed it as I did.

Dragon Age is pretty cool, but some people who aren't into RPGs and such might not enjoy it.  And the console versions of it seem inferior to the PC, just because of the amount of hotkeys PCs can assign.

Infamous is also really good.  You get a choice in good or evil with powers that correspond to it.  Probably one of the best you can find on PS3.  And its only 29 dollars used right now (or last time I checked Gamestop).
Infamous is pretty tight.
Current Addictions:  Meg and Dia, Starcraft 2, Being awesome.
"I'd like to say this was some kind of master plan, like hey this was my tech switch and I saw it coming ahead of time and I scouted it and I'm great! But no, it was actually more due to the fact that I wanted to build Immortals because I think they're neat."
Posted Image

Swordmaster

Impulse Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,670 posts |
  • 3 Clan Points
Just been playing NieR the past while. It starts out slow and tedious with all the quests and stuff... but it gets really awesome if you just go for plot stuff.
Spoiler

Arma

• Members
  • 7 posts |
I have been playing a couple of games lately again; BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (I want Continuum Shift), Pangya (both PSP and Online~), Zelda: Spirit Tracks, likely gonna replay Ocarina of Time just for fun... Tales of Symphonia I may replay, because one of my closest friends is gonna visit tomorrow. What else... I'm looking forward to getting Persona 3 Portable so bad, due to me being such a hardcore fan of the game.

But yes, there's too many in my list to explain them all. xD; I'm just that awesome.

S.C.

Witch of the Wilds

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 811 posts |
How is Spirit Tracks? I was thinking of getting that, but I didn't really get into Phantom Hourglass. :/
Spoiler

Posted Image

Spoiler

Bunder Black

Solus Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 167 posts |
I've been playing olds and news:

Old- Musashi: Brave Samurai. It's nothing new under the sun (artwork by KH team) but it's a decent action RPG. It's got alot of points where it makes you angry, but it's good.

New: Mugen No Frontier EXCEED / Super Robot Wars Original Generations Saga Endless Frontier EXCEED: an RPG spin-off of the SRW series. It,s awesome. The battle system is fresh and never goes empty, and it's awesome.

Legends rise and fall, eternally...

Proud writer, creator, roleplayer and fighter.

Spoiler

Kemosabi

Lithium Wisdom

• Members
  • 110 posts |
Scratch my previous post to a degree - I've spent the last few days playing Pokemon SoulSilver, and I really played for a while yesterday haha.

Also, my XBL buddies and I started a Halo 3/ODST fest last night that is probably going to run through the weekend. We're going to be racking up achievements, I guess. A number of us, myself included, got a large handful of achievements last night.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,274 posts |
  • 22 Clan Points
Guitar Hero 3 on which I stay up trying to master the stupid ### song 'One' on hard mode.

Posted Image

Zhou

Saint of I'se

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 640 posts |

View PostRyuujin Black, on 07 July 2010 - 09:44 PM, said:

FF13 just seemed to be a game that just introduces you to the world that this next set of games will exploit.  And in the beginning Hope and Vanille are annoying but later on it either grows on you or you just accept it.  Near the end of the game it does pick up.  I personally liked all the information I got from 13 and enjoyed the backstory and lore and such.  Probably why I enjoyed it as I did.

Dragon Age is pretty cool, but some people who aren't into RPGs and such might not enjoy it.  And the console versions of it seem inferior to the PC, just because of the amount of hotkeys PCs can assign.

Infamous is also really good.  You get a choice in good or evil with powers that correspond to it.  Probably one of the best you can find on PS3.  And its only 29 dollars used right now (or last time I checked Gamestop).
Infamous is pretty tight.

I have to say, Dragon Age I wanted to like really badly, but it wasn't all to interesting too me, even having the PC version. I kinda wish you could do more with the classes given I guess.

~Secretary | Treasurer of the Mercury Clan~

Xia Kou Xu (Blog)

M@ni@c

Zero Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 373 posts |
I've been playing a lot of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 with a few buds. But the last few days, I've been kind of preoccupied with Pokemon Platinum and The World Ends With You. I also recently bought LoZ: Phantom Hourglass and Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles.

Raisins are the antithesis of bananas.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Tabletop characters:

- Zerano

- Thanias Ormus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users