1012 replies to this topic

Catman

True Final Boss

• Helion Troop
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 879 posts |

View PostShiun Enshidia, on 07 July 2010 - 03:08 PM, said:

I've also been playing a game called Dark Chronicle (Or Dark Cloud 2) outside of EU/JPN. It's a fantastic game with so much to do, but the story is a little meh. I'm in the post-game dungeon and its very fun trying to build up all these weapons. I'm also failing miserably at Spedha.
OH HELLS YES DARK CLOUD FTW!!!
I mastered spedha in the canyon, I builtup the star destroyer machine gun, and got afew other badass weps... but I haven't played it in ages, I prefer the first one for the weapons (talking slingshot FTW)

Right now, I'm playing Saint's Row 2 for the first time, some of Killzone 2 (rented them), my gold version (tyranitar is a bitch to get), Fallout 3 (always epic), and Desipilus 2 rise of the elves gold (NOT SPELLED RIGHT)

View PostPatsy Dragon, on 05 September 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

I'm butt-naked, and I'm quickly forming a puddle on the carpet.
Never forget.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

S.C.

Witch of the Wilds

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 811 posts |

View PostCatman, on 15 July 2010 - 04:01 AM, said:

Right now, I'm playing Saint's Row 2 for the first time, some of Killzone 2 (rented them), my gold version (tyranitar is a bitch to get), Fallout 3 (always epic), and Desipilus 2 rise of the elves gold (NOT SPELLED RIGHT)

Is fallout 3 similar to bioshock?
Spoiler

Posted Image

Facebook | Tumblr | Deviantart | Formspring

Spoiler

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,765 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

View PostS.C., on 15 July 2010 - 07:10 AM, said:

Is fallout 3 similar to bioshock?
They're both shooters with interesting storylines, but that's about as far as the similarities go; they're on completely opposite ends of the FPS spectrum.

OH HELLS YES DARK CLOUD FTW!!!
I mastered spedha in the canyon, I builtup the star destroyer machine gun, and got afew other badass weps... but I haven't played it in ages, I prefer the first one for the weapons (talking slingshot FTW)
Ugh, I hated spheda with a passion. Which reminds me, I need to finish the game off some time, I got stuck on the monica-only level in Chapter 7 because her weapons are severely under-leveled and I rely far too heavily on the ridepod for the tougher enemies. I always hated these damn red/blue/white seal dungeons.

Etaroko

Warrior

• Members
  • 249 posts |
A few weeks ago I played through Fire Emblem 10, and now I'm working through Tales of the Abyss again.  =] =]
Posted Image

Shiun Enshidia

Knight

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 114 posts |

View PostDave, on 15 July 2010 - 07:53 AM, said:

Ugh, I hated spheda with a passion. Which reminds me, I need to finish the game off some time, I got stuck on the monica-only level in Chapter 7 because her weapons are severely under-leveled and I rely far too heavily on the ridepod for the tougher enemies. I always hated these damn red/blue/white seal dungeons.

You know you could go to Morton's shop and buy something called a Seal Scroll that breaks Seals right?

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,765 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

View PostShiun Enshidia, on 16 July 2010 - 05:15 AM, said:

You know you could go to Morton's shop and buy something called a Seal Scroll that breaks Seals right?
Shit, really? That would be useful...

Zip

Eternal Ice

• Administrator
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 222 posts |

View PostS.C., on 08 July 2010 - 05:56 AM, said:

How is Spirit Tracks? I was thinking of getting that, but I didn't really get into Phantom Hourglass. :/

It's like a baby version of Phantom Hourglass, which in turn was a baby version of Wind Waker. Which makes it the baby of a baby, something I don't really approve of since I don't think babies should be having sex. But no, Phantom Hourglass was an okay game, but it's as though they took everything I didn't like about it and just emphasized it for Tracks. I finished the third dungeon and set it down. Haven't played it since. I've never not finished a Zelda game, but this is the closest to being the first. I'll give it another try eventually.

As of late though, single player-wise, I recently started Summon Knight: Sword Craft Story 2, Odin Sphere, Shadow of the Colossus, and I've been playing Pokemon Soul Silver I guess, off and on. I borrowed a friend's PS2 and his entire game library. Played Shadow for a while and then he came over with Odin Sphere and threw it on the pile. Holy hell. I think Muramasa will have to be next on the list because Odin Sphere has been just a plethora of crunchy delicious action, with great art and music to top everything off. Oh yeah, and all of the dialogue is voiced over, with pretty quality voice actors.

I can't wait for Continuum Shift either, Arma. I play Guilty Gear or BlazBlue with my friends on a pretty regular basis, maining Tao and Tager. We've been playing that arcade rip of BB:CC that leaked a while ago, but it'll be super nice to play it on a console, not just for all the extra new characters but also for the lack of random lag and standardized controller input settings. The computer apparently reads 360 spins of the joystick on an X-Box controller much easier than the X-Box itself, so my friends have thus far been unable to beat me if I play as Tager. Anyway, GG became our fighting game of choice when Brawl started to stagnate, and Blaz just made it better. I hope they get the rights to Guilty back so they can do some crazy mash up or something.

Posted Image

Strata

Knight

• Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 160 posts |
I just recently bead Assassin's Creed 2 and Uncharted 2. They were both fun playthroughs but I'm a little burnt out on climbing shit at the moment. For me Uncharted 2 was as much fun as everyone had made it out to be but I've loved 3rd person shooters since RE4.  Assassin's Creed 2 was nice cause, in my opinion it was better in every way than the first one. The Italian accents made me grin and the whole genetic memory plot that kept me going through the first one gets even better.

Now I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles and White Knight Chronicles for my JRPG fix. I picked up White Knight because I've always been a fan of Level 5 and I'm not very far into it but they haven't disappointed me yet. It's a little cutsie but the plot is interesting and the combat is fun if a little repetitive. That could be my fault though cause I haven't gotten into really messing around with combos and things.

Valkyria is really fresh and I love it. The game play is a new take on strategy games and I think it's perfect for the setting. THe setting is basically a JRPG version of WWII which is also something I'd never heard of before. I'm not very far into it but I'm loving every second. Plus there's a cameo by Vyse from Skys of Arcadia.
Posted Image

Posted Image

King Elizabeth

‽‽‽‽‽

• Members
  • 1,494 posts |

Was playing Star Ocean 2 on the PSP a moment ago. I "ragequited" because I literally got stuck due to a programming error.

[tumblr.] [deviantART] [last.fm]
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Posted Image

:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Icefox

Knight

• Members
  • 185 posts |

View PostStrata, on 18 July 2010 - 04:19 PM, said:

Plus there's a cameo by Vyse from Skys of Arcadia.
I'd contemplated buying that. I might be sold now lol. I've just started playing Skies again because I was bored of everything else.

"What was that, sandvich? "Kill them all"? Good idea! Hahaha!" - Heavy Weapons Guy
Posted Image

Arma

• Members
  • 7 posts |

View PostS.C., on 08 July 2010 - 05:56 AM, said:

How is Spirit Tracks? I was thinking of getting that, but I didn't really get into Phantom Hourglass. :/

It's pretty good and fun. I didn't play Phantom Hourglass, but it didn't honestly spark my interest. ._. At least with Spirit Tracks, not only does Zelda assist you, but I thought the system seemed pretty cool and it's cute. I really like it so far, but it's pretty long. So, if you're into long games and a fan of Zelda, then I would recommend buying it. O:

King Elizabeth

‽‽‽‽‽

• Members
  • 1,494 posts |

Megaman Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar.

This game is amazing (unlike the fifth one), I really hope Capcom will revive the BN series in the future.

[tumblr.] [deviantART] [last.fm]

Posted Image

Cacophony

Squire

• Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 20 posts |
Playing through Tales of Symphonia again, as well as GS: TLA again. \o/
-Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.-

Ryuujin Black

Terratron Terrorize!

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 401 posts |
I just picked up Valkyria Chronicles too and I love it so far, even if I'm only in the beginning.  And who doesn't love a Vyse cameo.
Current Addictions:  Meg and Dia, Starcraft 2, Being awesome.
"I'd like to say this was some kind of master plan, like hey this was my tech switch and I saw it coming ahead of time and I scouted it and I'm great! But no, it was actually more due to the fact that I wanted to build Immortals because I think they're neat."
Posted Image

Terant

Old Mercury Man

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 377 posts |
Played some more Dragon Age: Origins today.

Zhou

Saint of I'se

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 640 posts |
I recently started playing RO again, as well as Mount & Blade: Warband. At least till SC2 comes out and steals my social life.

~Secretary | Treasurer of the Mercury Clan~

Xia Kou Xu (Blog)

Swordmaster

Impulse Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,671 posts |
  • 3 Clan Points
Recently... hm...

I played a bit of Tales of Vesperia (PS3) a few hours ago.
Spoiler

Djv9013

Swordsman

• Members
  • 80 posts |
Just finished Silent Hill: Homecoming the other day. I had to be an achievement snob and get all the achievements for it since they were so easy. Dunno what I'll do next =/.
"You are here alone again, in your sweet insanity. All to calm, you hide yourself from reality. Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty, when all the world turns away to leave you lonely?"

S.C.

Witch of the Wilds

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 811 posts |
FPS' FTW.

Been playing L4D2 and Borderlands. Alsoooo trying to get through Assassin's Creed so I can finish the damn thing and give it back to GameStop. ahaha. I hate not finishing anything.
Spoiler

Posted Image

Facebook | Tumblr | Deviantart | Formspring

Spoiler

Ryuujin Black

Terratron Terrorize!

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 401 posts |
I don't think this can be said enough.

Starcraft 2.  It owns my soul right now.
Current Addictions:  Meg and Dia, Starcraft 2, Being awesome.
"I'd like to say this was some kind of master plan, like hey this was my tech switch and I saw it coming ahead of time and I scouted it and I'm great! But no, it was actually more due to the fact that I wanted to build Immortals because I think they're neat."
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users