Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,788 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
New Forum Tools
The Aeolian Empire has been updated to include the following areas:

People and Places of the Empire
This is essentially an encyclopedia of the various people (including both PCs and prominent NPCs), Cities, Landmarks, and Phenomena that exist within the Aeolian Empire.  Each topic has a particular Naming Pattern, done via tagging:

[People] indicates that this entry refers to a person within the Empire.  Examples would include "[People] Rolina Eldis" and "[People] Thanias Ormus"
[City] indicates cities and towns within the borders of the Empire.  Examples include "[City] Contigo" and "[City] Whitewyvern City"
[Location] indicates notable locations, such as passes, caves, and mountain ranges.  Examples include "[Location] Andus Range" and "[Location] Zonam Rainforest"
[Landmark] indicates a prominent location.  These are often found within other cities or locations, and all locations that generate a psynergy field (such as Rocks and Lighthouses) are considered Landmarks.  Examples include "[Landmark] Jupiter Lighthouse" and "[Landmark] Weyard Square"

The reason for the tagging is to allow for ease of organization.  Because the default sorting order is by most recent post, it may be helpful to sort by name in order to look locations up.  This basically automatically indexes and organizes all the entries in the codex, allowing for people find things quicker.

Articles in this forum are not written like typical RP Bios and such, but reflect articles you'd see in Wikipedia and the like - essentially, caring more about the general history and descriptions of people and places than about specific details like what spells they can cast and their equipment, which are best left to the Character Bios section of the forum.

Library Archives
Alas, as we enter a new era for the clans, the old era topics are... out of place and obsolete.  However, only a fool willingly destroys history - instead, these are locked and moved into an archive.  Currently, only public threads are to be stored here, however, should we be able to have sub-forums within sub-forums, the addition of a Secret Archive will be added, so as to keep hidden threads hidden.

News Format
A format has been chosen for the news, allowing for quick indexing.  All news posts will have the tag [News], allowing them to be quickly grouped together as needed.  Furthermore, they'll be sorted according to which type of news they are:

Update - Updates detail changes and updates to the forum structure and to the lore.  These tend to be both forumbuilding and worldbuilding in nature.  These are OOC type posts.
Announcement - Announcements essentially call attention to various things.  Because news is global, this only details announcements that affect everyone, not just the citizens of the empire.  These are OOC type posts.
Politics - Political appointments, elections, declarations, and other similar things will be listed here.  These will be done according to lore, and will be written as an actual news article.  These are RP type posts.
News - Actual news from the RP.  These detail the major events that have happened, essentially acting as summaries of the last time skip.  News articles are a great way to catch up on recent happenings in the RP.  Note, though, that they do not contain the full truth, and many may be spun to reflect the views of the NPC author of the piece, just like real news stories. These are RP type posts.

Currently, news posts are ordered by the type of article - so it'll be "Update 1", "Update 2", "Announcement 1", "Update 3", "News 1", etc.  Later, these may change to reflect dates.  OOC news will use Real World Dates, RP news will use the Reifujian Calendar.

Lore Updates
The following updates have been added to the lore:

Demographics Tweak
Demographics for the clan have been changed to reflect the innate elements of all citizens, even those who are incapable of becoming adepts.  Proportionally, they are roughly the same as before, but now it reaches a full 100% range.  To compensate, there's now a percentage of Adepts to Inepts listed as well.
Posted Image

M@ni@c

Zero Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 373 posts |
The group navigation bar doesn't seem to have updated this accordingly. Might want to check that out.

I'll get to writing some of that stuff if I have time this evening. I've also got next week off, so that should definitely give me some time to work on it as well.

Raisins are the antithesis of bananas.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Tabletop characters:

- Zerano

- Thanias Ormus

Rolina

The All-Partied-Out Witch

• Golden Sunrise Ambassador
    Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,788 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
I'm not sure why it's not there - I'll alert Dave to this, thanks for pointing it out - it should be automatic.
Posted Image

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,763 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

It's not supposed to be automatic, you need to do it manually.

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Archivist
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 8,215 posts |
  • 169 Clan Points

Yeah, I can attest to that. If you need help, feel free to ask me. :D

Anyway, nice to see some news from the Jovians.

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

"Puhi gave the people food and made the seaweed farm."

Spoiler

M@ni@c

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 373 posts |
Aye, it's been awful quiet in here. Hopefully activity will pick up after people's midterms end.

Tabletop characters:

- Zerano

- Thanias Ormus

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Archivist
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 8,215 posts |
  • 169 Clan Points

Well, that's good, right? People should be studying and doing well in their academic pursuits! That's a trait you all nurture and celebrate, if I am not mistaken.

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

Spoiler

M@ni@c

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 373 posts |
Of course, I didn't say it wasn't. Education comes first, and that's the way it should be. I suppose I'm just not used to GSAR being this quiet. Quite a shame community boards like these have been losing popularity over the years. >.>

Tabletop characters:

- Zerano

- Thanias Ormus

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Archivist
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 8,215 posts |
  • 169 Clan Points

I'm not saying you didn't say it. xD I just thought it was funny that we're all trying to be good Jovians without actually being in the clan. Seeing your reaction tickled me a bit.

But, in all seriousness, I have to agree about community boards. I grew up with forums, and I love the kinds of discussions people can have through mediums like this. Forums have been my primary means of connecting to other people on the Internet, and I doubt this will easily change. While I don't go out there and search for new forums to join, I bet they've been on the decline with the advent of Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, etc. It's hard to compete with other social media like those, even with the advantages of a community board (sub-forums to help organize discussions, more structured self-moderation for the specific forum, smaller communities in general, along with many others).

My experience with GSAR has been fairly limited compared to yours, Sanders... I came around at the beginning of the new (and current) age. For you to say that this place is quieter than you're used to kinda scares me. I think the site isn't as quiet as it has been before the recent advent, although I have to admit that activity hasn't grown as much as it could with the amount of regulars we have. Still, the community itself seems more stable now, and we're now creating a culture that also includes this particular generation of GSAR members. It's interesting, to say the least. While the noise is growing a little quieter nowadays, it's nice to see people communicate not only through the forum and chatroom, but with Skype and Facebook as well. We really are growing close, and that's what I'm most concerned with. <3

I apologize for going off-topic, my friends of the Jovian Empire. But I felt compelled to give my thoughts on the matter. In regards to Rolina's post, I'm still open to helping you create the sub-forums you need, along with other things. Just ask!

Posted Image

Spoiler

M@ni@c

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 373 posts |
Yeah, this would be a conversation best continued elsewhere. Hit me up on Skype or the chat room if you like.

Tabletop characters:

- Zerano

- Thanias Ormus

Rolina

The All-Partied-Out Witch

• Golden Sunrise Ambassador
    Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,788 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
I found where to do it (though I still find it odd that it's not automatic... I'd love to hear the reasoning on that), but I'm away at the moment and cannot change it on my PS3.  I'll see about borrowing a laptop tomorrow - failing that, I'll do it on monday.

Edit:  Fix'd.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users