• You cannot reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic

Adrea

Ninja-Maid of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 151 posts |
There is a move in Golden Sun actually called psy drain used by Jupiter adepts. If you want your character to specifically have it maybe he has a weapon unleash or an unleash of some type (since I dunno how the GSARP is going to work) that unleashes a technique similar to psy drain.

Maybe he is also cursed with an item (like the artifacts mentioned in his bio) that fused to him somehow, making them difficult to remove, and also cause him to drain psynergy through small vortexes, maybe on his hands like what's-his-face from Inuyasha.

If you want to wield various other type of psynergy though, the creators even mention "if you could just change your Djinni, you could have any kind of power, so that's kind of cheating[x]"

But from your bio it seems more like you are taking a Tuaparang soldier approach (they throw psy bombs and drain your psynergy so you can only use djinn and summons to attack.) Dullahanalso has Djinn Storm and Element Swap to hinder the use of djinn in battle, and if you want a technique like that I would recommend that it only works on one person at a time and doesn't force ALL of a person's djinn into recovery mode. (Since Dullahan is also found in the Anemos Inner Sanctum dungeon I think this supports your backstory about your character being from Anemos). Maniac's character, Thanias, also seems to have djinn that achieve some similar psynergy-damaging effects.

There is also a technique called reflect, that is not defined at all in the games, though it is a Mercury based psynergy and probably reflects an attack back at it's caster--so you could use someone's psynergy against them without having to actually be capable of using that psynergy, Which may accomplish your idea of how a character could "steal" someone's psynergy.

All in all I think the type of character you want would work if they were either a Jupiter or Mercury Adept. Even teleport and warp (Jupiter and Mercury? psynergies), maybe if used on a psynergy vortex, could give a user the ability to transport from one place/dimension to another, which could give him a neat knowledge or insight into utilizing psynergy vortexes.

Overall, I think if you just broke the main psynergy abilties you want him to have into weaker more specific attacks/unleashes/djinn then the character could easily be worked into a GS roleplay as a playable character with a neat backstory.

(I added links because I don't know what you have or haven't already researched on your own, without playing the games, but here are some other things that might help you figure stuff out)

Overall wiki page on psynergy

Elemental Psynergy

Jupiter:: Venus:: Mars:: Mercury

Non-Elemental Psynergy

Roc:: Wild Wolf :: Force::

Unaquirable Psynergy

Chi

Utility Psynergy

Gavaroc's Let's Play of GS1 and GS: TLA (if you want to just watch someone play it and talk about the game a bit)

I hope that this helps!

Posted Image

Rolina

Between-Contracts Witch

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,815 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
Don't forget that we're totally fine with you making different elemental versions of spells, too.  Want to have Defense buffs, but not mars?  Just make a new spell of different name for your element with the same effect, and you're good.  In fact, I'm ticked off at Himi because she did this for Poison Flow -> Toxic Grit, but not for Drain/Psy Drain like she should have.
Empty until I find something new to do with this space.

Puhi

Seer

• Cool Bishop
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,139 posts |

Thanks for the advice Adrea.  I can find attacks/items from the games and tweak them to create more suitable powers.  Henso's artwork has been edited along with his character bio.  This time he is a learner instead of a master holding back.

Posted Image

Puhi

Seer

• Cool Bishop
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,139 posts |

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Puhi

Seer

• Cool Bishop
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,139 posts |

Name: Carobi

Titles:

Hobbies: Infesting GSAR with bananas; Plotting against team Polarity; Creating whatever comes to mind on any given day; Being a general antagonist.

Residence: The off world prison formerly located in the void below Weyard.

Items: Mystic mask and equally mystic paint brush.

Picture:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Puhi

Seer

• Cool Bishop
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,139 posts |

POPULAR

Posted Image

Posted Image

Zarky026

The Companion Cube

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 429 posts |
these sprites used a base of mega man, Right? (haha, comparing Dave to Alex standing under the 'Golden Sun')
"the companion cube will not threaten to stab you..." GLaDOS, portal
Posted ImageMonocles and top hats are given to every member of the clan.
-Young Bane
Spoiler

Puhi

Seer

• Cool Bishop
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,139 posts |

yes

A few of them are based on custom sprites.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users