• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,815 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
Forum Updates
The following areas are new to the Aeolian Empire:

Lands of the Empire
This is the In Character (IC) forum section.  Within it are many subforums, each representing a major city within the Empire.  They are:

Grand City of Nyci:  A great and wondrous city, often considered the most modernized city in the Empire.  This city is a major trading hub for the Empire, and is home to the World Square, where the Foreign Embassies are located.  It is located in northeastern Hesperia.

Port Town of Lorias:  A bustling port town.  While Nyci is grand and new, Lorias feels humble and welcoming instead.  It used to be home to a large Thieves' Guild, but the guild was utterly crushed after Rolina came to power.  There's a tenuous mix of gratitude and resentment for her regime as a result, but they know better than to try to start an uprising.  It is located in northeastern Atteka.

Capital City of Whitewyvern:  The Capital of the Empire, built around the Jupiter Lighthouse.  This is the heart of the empire, where the central government is located.  As such, security is a little tighter here than in other cites.  The city was once a grand sight to behold, but took a great deal of damage in the battle that removed the previous administration from power.  It's been mostly rebuilt since then, but there are still areas that are affected by the war.  It is in north central Atteka.

Historical City of Contigo:  One of the oldest cities in the world, and one of the only ones that can trace its heritage to before the Dawn Era.  Because of this, the city has a wide variety of architectural styles dating from several different eras, with old buildings being rebuilt in the old style to try and keep their history alive.  The Empress hails from this city, though this is not widely known.

The Aeolian Codex
The People and Places of the Empire has been renamed "The Aeolian Codex", because it sounds better.  There is now also a work-area for the Codex Scribes, for codex entries to be worked on and revised before being published.

Roleplay Update
The In Character (IC) sections are officially up.  With this, new tagging policies are going to be put into place.  The proper tagging order is as follows:  [Global][Local].  For example, [Casual][Square] would be the tag for a casual game of Lucky Luna, the lucky medal game found in the Weyard Square Courtyard in Nyci.  If the RP does not have one of the locations mentioned in the Local Tags section, then no local tag is needed.  For example, an RP that takes place in Contigo, but not in the Sanctum, would simply be tagged [GSARP] and nothing more.

Global Tags:
These tags are used in every section, be they public or private.

[ClanRP] is used to designate a canon RP.
[Casual] is used to designate a non-canon RP.
[Locale] is used to designate the description of an important area or location.  Only the Empress and her Chief Advisor may post and edit these threads.

Local Tags:
These tags only apply to specific cities or locations.  Please use them to designate the location within the city if you're located at a special location.

Nyci Tags:

[Square] is used when the RP thread begins at the World Square Courtyard.
[Assembly] is used when the RP thread begins at the General Assembly Building
[TR] is used when the RP thread begins at the Tellurian Embassy
[DF] is used when the RP thread begins at the Draconian Embassy
[SK] is used when the RP thread begins at the Samudran Embassy

Lorias Tags:

There are no priority location tags for Lorias at this time.

Whitewyvern Tags:

[Eyrie] is used when the RP begins at the Captial Building
[Lighthouse] is used when the RP is inside the Jupiter Lighthouse

Contigo Tags:

[Sanctum] is used when the RP beings at or near the Anemos Sanctum
Empty until I find something new to do with this space.

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    The ultimate champion of being someone who has something to say that is worth listening to!
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,265 posts |
  • 179 Clan Points

I might suggest putting the descriptions of each location in their respective sections, just so people can refer to them without using this thread.

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

"Puhi gave the people food and made the seaweed farm."

Spoiler

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,875 posts |
  • 78 Clan Points

Hmmm. Did you decide to scrap the town near Ygdrassil? (sp?)
Posted Image

@UmbrAndrew for twitter, follow me for no reason.

Spoiler

Rolina

Between-Contracts Witch

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,815 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points

Patsy Dragon, on 03 March 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

I might suggest putting the descriptions of each location in their respective sections, just so people can refer to them without using this thread.
That is the plan, yes.  Ideally, though, I won't need a thread for it - it'd be part of the actual description itself, but... so far, I see no option for subforum descriptions.  Planning to bug Dave about it.

Umbra_Clan, on 03 March 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Hmmm. Did you decide to scrap the town near Ygdrassil? (sp?)
Kinda hard to make a thread for a place that we have yet to name...

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,875 posts |
  • 78 Clan Points

I thought I recommended the name Hiawatha. Right? Anyone else remember that?
Posted Image

Spoiler

Rolina

Between-Contracts Witch

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,815 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
Haven't heard back from the other JE members about it yet... I don't wanna just decide everything myself without their opinions on it.

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,875 posts |
  • 78 Clan Points

Oh ok, I got ya. How's that going, by the way? I heard you've been working on stirring up some activity within the JE.
Posted Image

Spoiler

Rolina

Between-Contracts Witch

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,815 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
Threefold - working on getting current members active, getting new members to join, and getting old members reoriented.

So far... too early to tell.  Nani-kun looks like he'll be of great help, though.

Soriya

Mage

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 338 posts |
Yeah, i think subforum descriptions would help a lot xD been having to go back and forth between forums ;; But Dave busy as it is. We should probably add it to the suggestions for next month's priorities.

Anyway, i like this idea Rolina! (the tag setups) :3 So nice and the places too. This'll be fun; when we get more active participants.

Rolina

Between-Contracts Witch

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,815 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
Dave said he'll put the descriptions up himself, so long as I send them to him.  While it is a bit of a hassle, I'll get to work on them.  Just know that the work will probably be slow, due to the low number of people actively worldbuilding in the Empire...

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,875 posts |
  • 78 Clan Points

Well if you ever need extra help or ideas, I'd be glad to contribute. Having something more fleshed out could potentially bring in new members, so I'd be happy to throw some ideas around with you guys.
Posted Image

Spoiler

Rolina

Between-Contracts Witch

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,815 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
Thank you very much for your help.  It will be very much appreciated.

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    The ultimate champion of being someone who has something to say that is worth listening to!
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,265 posts |
  • 179 Clan Points

Not just that, but it'd be good to get some roleplaying going, too. Any kind of roleplaying would be fun to do!

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

"Puhi gave the people food and made the seaweed farm."

Spoiler

Soriya

Mage

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 338 posts |
@Patsy I will participate too once i get my character bios finished OTL or at least a full body drawing of my OC instead of a head shot qq;; I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS WHEN IM DONE (w/ my character bio ;; )!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users