The GSART Contest! Create ART for GSAR~!

• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    The ultimate champion of being someone who has something to say that is worth listening to!
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,265 posts |
  • 179 Clan Points

POPULAR

(For clarification's sake, the GSART is completely unrelated to the GSARP, the roleplay. But it's just as cool!)

Hello everyone! We are happy to present a Fanfiction, Art, and Music Contest appropriately named the GSART! Show off your creative side as we celebrate the game series that helped give birth to our community!

The rules are straightforward - submit a creative work of any medium. It must be related to the Golden Sun series in some way, shape, or form. The link between your work and the game series can be strenuous, but the connection must be present! We want to do something with the games every now and then, you know?

Submissions will be posted in submission threads that staff will post in both the Gallery and Library subforums. All members will be able to cast their votes for the winner via PM.

The prize? Bragging rights, countless accolades from your fellow Refugians, a big hug from me, and an opportunity to share your creation to the world in the Community section of the site! The Community section has not seen much use apart from the plot teasers for the GSARP (Alchemy's Reckoning) and Nightmare of Alchemy, a community story project that died off. We would love to see that section connect to the Refuge once more, so what better way to start than to have a contest such as this?

The deadline is midnight (EST) on New Year's Day, although we can extend the deadline if necessary. We know that this is rather short notice, and with the holidays coming up we don't want to stress people out too much.

So, basic rules:

*Submission MUST be related to the Golden Sun games in some way.
*One entry per person.
*Works can be art, fiction, and music.
*Submissions will be posted in the Gallery and the Library subforums in threads that the staff will post sometime in the near future.
*Deadline is midnight (EST) on New Year's Day.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors! I am excited to see how this turns out. =)

Also, credit to Misery for giving What? the inspiration to create this contest. We lovingly referred to this contest as your bastard child for a while~

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

"Puhi gave the people food and made the seaweed farm."

Spoiler

Ivan Strider

Mage of Music

• Chief Advisor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,001 posts |
  • 86 Clan Points

I'm pretty sure the stories I'm writing are fanfics, so I'm sure there will be GSAR fanfics so count me in maybe.

Catman

True Final Boss

• Helion Troop
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 879 posts |
Time to finally start on that Deadbeard/Felix bromance fic.  

Or WILL I?

View PostPatsy Dragon, on 05 September 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

I'm butt-naked, and I'm quickly forming a puddle on the carpet.
Never forget.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,765 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

POPULAR

View PostIvan Strider, on 05 December 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure the stories I'm writing are fanfics, so I'm sure there will be GSAR fanfics so count me in maybe.
Just a note in case you thought otherwise, this is for Golden Sun themed 'art', not specifically GSAR-themed.

Prizes in medals & coins, and perhaps something else, will also be provided. (what exactly are coins for? you might find out.... soon)

Misery

Black Mage

• Members
  • 945 posts |
  • 4 Clan Points

I would love to know what I could possibly have done to provide that inspiration...

Well anyway, I might have some pretty busy times ahead of me, but I really would like to give this a shot. I have a few old GS fanart ideas, I'll dig up one or a few* and get to work when the opportunity presents itself.

*You should write the submission limit if there is one. Not that I would ever be in danger of exceeding it, but...
A dream that doesn't end is the dream of the butterfly.
The dream of the butterfly is the dream of the dead.
A dream that isn't woken from is death.
But once you wake up - the dream dies.

Spoiler

Lightseer

Apeiron Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Second-in-Command
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 813 posts |
  • 8 Clan Points

In the case of fanfiction, does the submission have to be complete or could it be a chapter?

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    The ultimate champion of being someone who has something to say that is worth listening to!
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,265 posts |
  • 179 Clan Points

View PostMisery, on 05 December 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

I would love to know what I could possibly have done to provide that inspiration...

Well anyway, I might have some pretty busy times ahead of me, but I really would like to give this a shot. I have a few old GS fanart ideas, I'll dig up one or a few* and get to work when the opportunity presents itself.

*You should write the submission limit if there is one. Not that I would ever be in danger of exceeding it, but...

Remember your status a long time ago regarding the lack of Golden Sun discussions on GSAR? That's what inspired What?. ^^

Thanks for reminding me about the submission limit! You can only submit one work for this contest. If your submission has multiple parts to it (such as several songs for a GS musical), then it all has to be contained in that one entry. I'll edit the first post.

View PostLightseer, on 05 December 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

In the case of fanfiction, does the submission have to be complete or could it be a chapter?

It can be a chapter! Just make sure that it's substantial enough to tell a story. On that note, there is no word count requirement.

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

Spoiler

Misery

Black Mage

• Members
  • 945 posts |
  • 4 Clan Points

View PostPatsy Dragon, on 05 December 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Remember your status a long time ago regarding the lack of Golden Sun discussions on GSAR? That's what inspired What?. ^^

Thanks for reminding me about the submission limit! You can only submit one work for this contest. If your submission has multiple parts to it (such as several songs for a GS musical), then it all has to be contained in that one entry. I'll edit the first post.
Oh, that does make sense. Well, I appreciate any effort to maintain this site's ties with the games it's supposed to be a fansite of. My first thought was that it sure as heck doesn't feel like I've created any art recently. I guess I was right about that, at least...

So just one submission, huh? I guess even me making more than one artwork isn't outside the realm of probability, but that's not something I tend to worry about. Well, I'll stow away my old doodles once again.
A dream that doesn't end is the dream of the butterfly.
The dream of the butterfly is the dream of the dead.
A dream that isn't woken from is death.
But once you wake up - the dream dies.

Spoiler

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,875 posts |
  • 78 Clan Points

I have an idea, but it might take a while to actually have it turn out well. but heck, I'll make something.
Posted Image

@UmbrAndrew for twitter, follow me for no reason.

Spoiler

Scorpio

The Black Knight

• Members
  • 475 posts |
I may try my hand at this.
Alex is my hero.

Posted Image

Zarky026

The Companion Cube

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 429 posts |
I have something (a W.I.P) that I have been working on for a while, but it is less a fanart than it is a fan's "game art" taking a original character sprite, enlarging it and creating a updated drawing based off of the original promotional artwork. the sprite is 16 times the original size.(and by the way, where is the thread that we will post these on?)
"the companion cube will not threaten to stab you..." GLaDOS, portal
Posted ImageMonocles and top hats are given to every member of the clan.
-Young Bane
Spoiler

Ivan Strider

Mage of Music

• Chief Advisor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,001 posts |
  • 86 Clan Points

Oh ^^ I didn't read carefully enough. Count me out then.

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,319 posts |
  • 119 Clan Points

I can't draw but seeing its Golden Sun related I'm gonna draw something.
Posted Image

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,265 posts |
  • 179 Clan Points

Finally posted the submission thread! We decided to post one big submissions thread instead of having three for each category. Feel free to submit your entry now if you are ready!

Posted Image

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users