Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,369 posts |
  • 272 Clan Points

POPULAR

The votes are in! This year’s categories for Member Awards were a little trickier than last, but we are excited to be able to recognize a new group of members who help make this place the vibrant and close-knit community that it is.

So, without further ado, let’s announce the winners of this year’s GSAR Member Awards!

*drum rolllll*

First, the winner of this year’s Clan Spirit Award is…GalactaRay! for his contributions to the revitalization of the Samudran Kingdom. “I mean wow. Mercury is still a thing! Go figure!”
  • Honorable mention: Ignatius
Next, the prestigious Lurker Award is presented to…Merc! for “consistently hurting feelings by not participating in the chat, even though we all know he's there.”
  • Honorable mention: Misery
This year’s Unpredictability Award goes to…What?! for his awesomely random interjections and for his even more awesomely unperdictabe spelinsg.
  • Honorable mention: Dave
The winner of the Livin’ the Life Award is…Dave! for finally finishing up his schooling and charging forth into the real world. “Dude’s a doctor (more or less). He’s livin’ the life and saving them.”
  • Honorable mention: Patsy Dragon
The Vidya Gamer Award goes to…”[Insufficient Data, Shutdown Imminent]”…Tawny779! for, uh (…wait, “we play video games here?”), consistently showing enthusiasm towards topics related to video games, both old and new.
  • Honorable mentions: Umbra_Clan, Robert Joe, Dave (we were super indecisive, y'all)
The winner of this year’s Boundless Love Award is…Patsy Dragon! for obvious reasons. Many of us are “97% sure this award was made for her.”
  • Honorable mention: What?
The Pun Master Award goes to…Jigoku-Rei! for his “ongoing consistency in making puns, and lending us his name to make 99% of them.”
  • Honorable mentions: Ryu Gaia, Misery
This year’s Little Dreamer Award is presented to…Ryu Gaia! for “always thinking about the future of the Refuge” and for having big plans for the world of science and technology.
  • Honorable mention: Dave
The winner of this year’s No Apparent Reason Award is…Ignatius! for…”Well, if we gave it a reason, then this award would be null and void.” ;)
  • Honorable mentions: Lightseer, Misery, Wrrrtw
Congratulations to all Member Award recipients! Thank you to everyone who voted, and thank you to all members for being awesome! Rest assured that, even if you did not receive an award, you are nonetheless loved and appreciated very, very much.

Stay fresh, GSAR!

Tawny779 said:

you come for the Golden Sun. You stay for the crazy <3

Misery said:

Common sense is the most uncommon of the senses.

Dave: I'm becoming a doctor.
Dave: I like people
Dave: ...when they're unconscious

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,758 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

POPULAR

insert grumbling about never winning any awards here

zomg. I finally get to legitimately give myself a medal.

On that note, I'll be updating the medal a bit for this year, when I get a bit of time.

Merc

lurky

• Emperor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,432 posts |
  • 28 Clan Points

View PostKirigishi, on 05 August 2015 - 02:58 AM, said:

Next, the prestigious Lurker Award is presented to…Merc! for “consistently hurting feelings by not participating in the chat, even though we all know he's there.

D:

Darn, I need to do better at staying invisible.

[4/17/15,10:18:15 PM] Zack: breathe in
[4/17/15,10:18:21PM] Merc: Merc breathes in
[4/17/15,10:18:32 PM] Zack: and maybe out if you want

What? Again?

Ace Attorney

Promethean Guard
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 2,347 posts |
  • 67 Clan Points

POPULAR

The winner of the Jask@$$ award well this years  ILoveYouSooMuchYouLoveableJack@$$ award!

Goes to Ryu Gaia! For two consecutive years! Hogging all the glory for himself because he deserves it! That is why we all love him soo much!

...Jack@$$.

[10:09:03 PM] Kiri: Gah, What?'s poor spelling is contagious!
[10:09:18 PM] Kiri: It is spreading throughout the lands of Draconis. Soon we shall have an epidemic on our hands.
[10:09:28 PM] CompleteZero: Worse than the banana plague too
[10:09:52 PM] CompleteZero: 'Notable Events'

[6:55:21 PM] Robert Joe: What?, you are not Jenna. You are supposed to eat the Stawberries, not people.

http://www.circlever...omics/CVS19.gif

http://www.circlever...omics/CVS13.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

Jigoku-Rei

Praise the sun you heretic

• DED Commander
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 724 posts |
  • 54 Clan Points

POPULAR

I thank you, Golden Sun Adepts Reifuge, for this honoreible award. Long have I treined for such a day, and often have I preid for this gloreious reink.

Uh

Before you demand it taken away, yo, danke peeps. Youse the...

G
REITEST 8DDDD
[3:22:04 PM] CompleteZero: Add grammar where needed

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,309 posts |
  • 115 Clan Points

yay I got a medal.  

Also I'm really disconnected as i didn't vote Dave and rei where post people voted them

I am that 1%
Posted Image
A bunch of quotes below.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Ignatius

Realist

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 2,954 posts |
  • 340 Clan Points

POPULAR

View PostGalactaRay, on 05 August 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

yay I got a medal.  

Most deserved medal of the event. Rekindling activity in Samudran was a big part of it, and that came out of your brainchild of a clan-building community project which generated activity for all the clans, not just Samudran. Seriously, good stuff Ray.

View PostKirigishi, on 05 August 2015 - 02:58 AM, said:

The winner of this year’s No Apparent Reason Award is…Ignatius! for…”Well, if we gave it a reason, then this award would be null and void.” ;)
  • Honorable mentions: Lightseer, Misery, Wrrrtw
The only award for which the winner can also provide the quoted justification, despite the fact he voted for someone else...

Maybe by next year I'll have given you all a reason to give me a real award. x)

Just kidding. Thanks to everyone for making the Refuge into what it is!

View PostDeltan the Dramatic, on 02 July 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

Merc, Ignatius [...] these two are roughly equivalent to Exodia the Forbidden one.

Recipient of Posted Image

Djinn Guardian

Myth Seeker, Legend Keeper, Folklorist

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,438 posts |
  • 14 Clan Points
  • Location:Horizan- venice like place where the land, the water and the sky meet.
Congrats to all who won :3
<h2>
"In fearful day, in raging night, With strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light, Look to the stars, for hope burns bright!" Blue Lantern Corps Oath</h2>

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,872 posts |
  • 71 Clan Points

Congrats everyone, now I should really get back to writing that fanfic submission

haha jk I'm just gonna end up back on Civ.
Posted Image

@UmbrAndrew for twitter, follow me for no reason.

Spoiler

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,309 posts |
  • 115 Clan Points

In my joy I forgot to congrat to all the others that won stuff this year. Also there's a pretty rainbow for all the awards me likes.

I want to try and do something for that but its going to be something really really badly made. I don't even have photo shop...
Posted Image
A bunch of quotes below.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Ignatius

Realist

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 2,954 posts |
  • 340 Clan Points

View PostUmbra_Clan, on 05 August 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Nah I'm going back to League/Civ

View PostUmbra_Clan, on 05 August 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

Congrats everyone, now I should really get back to writing that fanfic submission

haha jk I'm just gonna end up back on Civ.
I see Umbra's started campaigning for the 2016 Vidya Gamer Award.

View PostDeltan the Dramatic, on 02 July 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

Merc, Ignatius [...] these two are roughly equivalent to Exodia the Forbidden one.

Recipient of Posted Image

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Archivist
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 8,215 posts |
  • 169 Clan Points

POPULAR

Hehe... Thank you. Still not sure what I'm supposed to say. I think What? should have won the vote (one of the sweetest guys I know), and there's some folks that should have been considered for honorable mention. Kiri, Pengy, and even Rei would qualify. They seem to be the folks that people turn to when they need someone to listen with an open heart. I learn from their example, haha.

Speaking of Kiri, I feel that I should give her my personal Livin' the Life award for continuing to pursue her dream of being an educator. She puts so much of herself in her job as an RA, her schoolwork, being a teacher this summer for middle schoolers, being open about her dreams with her family... It's inspiring to see her professional and personal growth, and I find myself adopting a more positive attitude so I can be more like her. I can't wait to see Kiri with her own classroom someday. :') Keep going!

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

"Puhi gave the people food and made the seaweed farm."

Spoiler

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,872 posts |
  • 71 Clan Points

View PostIgnatius, on 05 August 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

I see Umbra's started campaigning for the 2016 Vidya Gamer Award.

No time to waste gotta breed more pokemans to form the perfect team
Posted Image

@UmbrAndrew for twitter, follow me for no reason.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users