• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,758 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

POPULAR

Posted Image

A Rift has opened up in the middle of the Refuge, leading to a brand new world. Venture through, if you dare, for there is much to discover...

Enter the Mists...

The first few elements of GSAR's new Massive Forum Event Game are now live. It is intended to run long-term, rather than be a limited event, so we'll see how it goes.

You'll find that there is currently very little content, but this should change as clans start claiming lighthouses and the map is revealed. Things are very basic right now - more mechanics will be added over time. In general, I believe the different aspects of the "game" should be fairly straightforward, but I'm not the best at explaining things so let me know if something is confusing.

The immediate aim of the game is to throw your Elemental Star Fragments into one of the four lighthouse beacons. Once a lighthouse reaches 100%, it will be claimed by the Clan that threw in the most star fragments. Whether you want to collaborate, or attempt to steal a lighthouse away from another clan, will be up to you. I realise that Mercury will be fairly handicapped here, and am looking into a way to help with this (probably just make mercury stars worth double the amount).

Claiming a lighthouse will push back the mists and reveal locations in the surrounding area (as well as new lighthouses to claim). These locations may provide your clan with resources, trigger quests/events, or provide something else...

There are some very brief instructions on the Portal page which I'd advise you read. You will automatically gain a star fragment every ~4 hours once you have created your character, and very soon, there will be a couple of new ways to earn stars through the game. Oh and you can win quite a few through the Lucky Medal Fountain... if you're lucky.

As always, pls report bugs. There are going to be lots...

Note: there may be a bug with the lighthouse claim system. If a lighthouse reaches 100%, and does not automatically convert to a claimed lighthouse, you'll have to wait for me to do it manually. Don't throw any more stars into the beacon or you'll be wasting them.

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,758 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

If you're wondering where all your coins went, I have reset the coins of everyone who had >1000 to 1000. I have saved the leaderboard, and will find some way to reward people in the near future.

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,758 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

PSA: The number of Star Fragments required for all 4 lighthouses will be reduced to 300 (from 400) in 6 hours from the time of this post.

The Elemental Affinity skill is (/should be) now working as intended.

More methods for obtaining Star Fragments will be available "soon".

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,758 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

Looks like the Lighthouse progression system is broken. Lighthouse 4 should have been claimed, and the surrounding map should have been revealed. I'll look into it... please don't add any more stars to 4, or you'll be wasting them - Mars have already won it.

Also, I want to reiterate that this is just a game. don't get too mad pls.

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,758 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

Alright, I have found the problem. It turns out it isn't possible to automate the claiming/map progression process in the way I tried to do it, so back to the drawing board on that. For now, I'll have to manually perform the process whenever a lighthouse reaches 100%. Not ideal, but can't do anything about it right now. Please be patient.

As Mars have claimed their first lighthouse, the surrounding map has now been revealed (you may been to hard refresh the World Map page to update it). These new areas come with some statistics (eg. Astral energy generation, Building resource generation). This feature isn't quiiiite in the game yet, but will be added very soon, so just ignore it for now. I'll explain what it all means once it's ready.

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,758 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

The Wiki has been updated with a fair amount of game information. I will aim to keep this up to date, if possible: http://gs-adeptsrefu..._into_the_Mists

Clan Resources have now been implemented (Astral Energy, Building Resources, Power, Food). More information on what these are used for will be made available next week.

You can now view a breakdown of your clan's resources + members on the Clan Stats page.

A preview of the game's first Episode, Incursion, will be posted tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users