Introduction

• You cannot reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic

Daevian

• Members
  • 8 posts |
  • 2 Clan Points
Well hello. Aren't introductions the easiest thing ever? Let's see...

Been a fan of the first two Golden Sun games for maybe...nine or ten years now. I just recently started playing through Dark Dawn (yeah, I'm a little late...) and got the crazy thought that there may be some online community for the fandom. Looks like there is, and looks like I'm here.

I spend a lot of time playing video games. I try to play a variety of genres, but I think I usually gravitate towards RPGs. Some of my favorites games/series aside from Golden Sun include The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Fire Emblem, Castlevania, Mass Effect, and many others. My other favorite hobby is traveling, but it's not something I get to do often enough. There's nothing like surrounding yourself in unfamiliar territory. Ideally, I wish I could make a career out of that!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all! In the meantime, I have to choose an avatar and get myself situated here.

Wrrrtw

Horrible Person

• Ghost
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 398 posts |
  • 14 Clan Points

Welcome to the Refuge.

We're a little quiet here at the moment, as most of the refugees are college kids with demanding schedules... but make yourself comfortable, as this is quite a nice group.

If you have any questions, let us know!

Also, be wary of the spiders.
They are getting closer to weaponizing the boiler room, but there is nothing to fear at this time.

We should all hope and look towards the day where man realizes that the sounds exiting his mouth are mostly complaints and a change occurs. -Chivelle

http://wrrrtw.tumblr.com

Other M

Autopromotion

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 670 posts |
  • 19 Clan Points
Welcome aboard!

Merc

lurky

• Emperor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,435 posts |
  • 29 Clan Points

hey, welcome to the refuge! I'm merc, one of the busy college students that WRRRRRRRRR mentioned. hope you like it here, it's always nice to see new people around. maybe you can help us revitalize this place for the summer too, haha

post and be merry!

[4/17/15,10:18:15 PM] Zack: breathe in
[4/17/15,10:18:21PM] Merc: Merc breathes in
[4/17/15,10:18:32 PM] Zack: and maybe out if you want

Kirigishi

Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,445 posts |
  • 301 Clan Points

Heyo, and welcome to the Refuge! It's good to see another East Coaster, hehe. I'm Kiri, another of the busy college students that Wrrrrtortle mentioned. I'm also one of the site admin, so feel free to poke me if you any questions!

Where abouts are you at in your playthrough of Dark Dawn? Thoughts so far?

Tawny779 said:

you come for the Golden Sun. You stay for the crazy <3

Misery said:

Common sense is the most uncommon of the senses.

Dave: I'm becoming a doctor.
Dave: I like people
Dave: ...when they're unconscious

Daevian

• Members
  • 8 posts |
  • 2 Clan Points
Thanks guys!

@Wrrrtw: Glad to hear. It seems like a friendly bunch already too. Does activity usually pick up in the summer? My schedule is probably similarly affected anyway since I'm in college as well.

@Merc: I hope I can! Thanks!

@Kirigishi: I swear, 99% of everyone that uses the internet is always on the West Coast, lol. Of all things, I just moved back to my old home after spending the better half of a year in the Pacific Northwest. I miss it greatly already. Ah well. Thanks a lot by the way! I'll be sure to do so.

Concerning Dark Dawn, I'm actually a little upset I hadn't played it sooner. Heck, I even bought it when it came out, but something that I can't even recall now derailed my progress. The game was certainly a bit slow to start, I'll admit. Especially having to go through the Psynergy Training Grounds. Not that it was difficult or boring, but after playing the previous games, I knew what I was doing and I wanted to get right to the real gameplay. After that introductory part though, I started to love it. It's a nice trip of nostalgia while giving me the chance to explore a new world too. I just stopped in Belinsk right after getting out of the Teppe Ruins.

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,875 posts |
  • 78 Clan Points

yo

I'm Umbra, current mod helping keep GSAR running smooth, a rather uneventful job.

I see you're a fan of FE, and that is 110% cool with me. I'm about 150 hours into the latest Fire Emblem, so I guess you can say I'm a fan.
Posted Image

@UmbrAndrew for twitter, follow me for no reason.

Spoiler

Kirigishi

Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,445 posts |
  • 301 Clan Points

View PostDaevian, on 30 May 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

@Kirigishi: I swear, 99% of everyone that uses the internet is always on the West Coast, lol. Of all things, I just moved back to my old home after spending the better half of a year in the Pacific Northwest. I miss it greatly already. Ah well. Thanks a lot by the way! I'll be sure to do so.

Ooh, Pacific Northwest, huh? We've got a decent number of members who either live or go to school there. What are you studying in university, if you don't mind me asking?

Tawny779 said:

Misery said:

Jigoku-Rei

Praise the sun you heretic

• DED Commander
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 724 posts |
  • 57 Clan Points

View PostDaevian, on 30 May 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Fire Emblem, Castlevania, Mass Effect

I see you have fine taste

We will get along quite well, providing you hail Malacath sufficiently

Welcome to the Refuge!
[3:22:04 PM] CompleteZero: Add grammar where needed

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,093 posts |
  • 384 Clan Points

Too-too-roo! Welcome to the Refuge, Daevian! I am no longer a Wrrrtwian "busy college student", which is a mixture of good and bad, since while I'm glad to be done, job hunting is proving to be more difficult than schooling, ha. I'm the other admin here, though everyone around here is reasonably friendly and helpful, so I'm sure most of us can help you if you have any questions.

Speaking of which, I've one for you: what's been your favourite "unfamiliar territory" adventure so far?

I should mention that we have a group Skype room, which tends to see a decent amount of activity. Feel free to post or message someone your contact details if you'd like to be added.

View PostJigoku-Rei, on 31 May 2016 - 12:01 AM, said:

We will get along quite well, providing you hail Draconis sufficiently
FTFY

View PostGalactaRay, on 13 August 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

Fire is the silent hero

Recipient of Posted Image

Zack

Banana Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 704 posts |
  • 12 Clan Points
Hello new friend, comrade, compatriot! Its nice to see that there are still fans out there. You like to travel huh? That's pretty radical, do you like to stay close to home or far away? On a related note, whats your favorite location out of all three games? Oh man, so many questions, ill just leave it at those for now. Don't feed the Draconians, they wont leave if you do. Anyway....

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ Welcome to the Refuge! ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Yes.
Posted Image

Spoiler

Kirigishi

Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,445 posts |
  • 301 Clan Points

View PostZack, on 31 May 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

Don't feed the Draconians, they wont leave if you do.

Just to clarify, we won't leave anyway. 8D

Tawny779 said:

Misery said:

Alternate Dimension Catman

Ultimate Maximum Best

• Golden Sunrise Ambassador
    Helion Troop
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 616 posts |
  • 24 Clan Points
We'll just mug you for the food you refuse to give us. Giving us the food is the only way to stay safe, and as an added bonus we'll make sure you're protected too. Unless you don't join Draconis
In this life I have lived...

Posted Image

...I have not a single regret!

Ivan Strider

Mage of Music

• Chief Advisor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,001 posts |
  • 86 Clan Points

HEYA! I'm Ivan! The absolutely adorable Wind Mage~ alright, I'm not THE Ivan, but I'm the Ivan of this forum. No other Ivan came before me.

I hope you enjoy your stay at the ever 'luxurious' GSAR. If you ever need a chill young dude to talk to (16 almost 17 here), I'm always open for conversation, just PM me for my number and we can text. The Skype Hearth chat is also open if you need advice from multiple people about a personal problem.

Well anyway! Go have fun and we hope to see you around. And one last thing.

Please leave your sanity at the door~

Edit: Don't let Draconis's tyrannical aura frighten you. They're all talk. Choose whatever clan you like! Or don't choose at all. Though I will say, you get free cookies over at the Aeolian Empire.

The Phantom Squee

Knight

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 126 posts |
  • 19 Clan Points

View PostDaevian, on 30 May 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

Mass Effect

Awwww yeah.  I'm gonna need a fist bump to happen right... about...

now.

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,319 posts |
  • 119 Clan Points

Welcome to the refuge.

I don't really know what else to say but to post and be merry. Also Draconis is always evil keep that in mind. Don't play with fire...
Posted Image

Daevian

• Members
  • 8 posts |
  • 2 Clan Points
Incoming text wall or replies; sorry for the delayed responses! It's been a hectic couple of days. Skype was mentioned in one of the comments, and for convenience, I'll put my Skype name up here as well: it's Daevian2. Feel free to add me! I'm also on Steam if anyone else is. Username is just Daevian for that. Also, thanks for the warm greetings, everyone!

@Umbra_Clan:
Holy crap! I own them, I still need to find the time to play through them. My schedule has been a bit hectic since they came out - lucky me. Which one did you start with first? Other than these newest ones, the only one I have not played (aside from the beginning chapters) is Radiant Dawn. Which one's your favorite?

@Kirigishi:
It's beautiful up there. I plan on moving back in a few years, but it's more cost effective for me to finish school here and then move back to the PNW afterward. I've got my associate's degree in computer simulations, but I'm transferring into a bachelors program for game production and management. Mind if I ask what you're studying?

@Jigoku-Rei:
Thanks! Well, I can say I've helped him out uh...a little! Although I may not always trust the Daedra, he's not so bad if you're on his good side.

@Ignatius:
So far, this seems like a great community! It's nice to meet you, and thank you. Congratulations on the graduation by the way! May I ask what you studied?

My favorite adventure would probably be my trip to Barcelona, Spain. It was my first time flying out of the US and my first time on another continent, so that was exciting. I absolutely loved all of the architecture (the city has a lot of notable structures) and the food was pretty amazing. I was a bit nervous that the language barrier was going to be a strong issue, since my Spanish is pretty horrendous, but the locals were very helpful and accommodating with language differences, which was really relieving. Most of my time was spent in the city, but I took a day to take a train out to the countryside and walk around one of the mountains. My biggest regret was not spending enough time there. I never got to see everything I wanted to check out. Perhaps another time.

Oh? That's great! I'm on Skype quite regularly. My contact name is Daevian2. (Because apparently the first was taken.)

@Zack:
Thank you very much! And of course! Hmm, I suppose I like to spend most of my time far away, since most of the places I tend to travel to wind up being about 6 hours away by plane. I've been more curious about exploring nearby lately, but it doesn't feel as adventurous.

This is probably a very strange answer to give, but one of the most memorable places to me is Madra for some reason. A combination of the music, scenery, and sun-shafts make it seem so peaceful and calm...disregarding the fact that they were recently raided when you first enter, haha. I also tend to like the places that are in geographical remoteness, like Tundaria, for example. I think places like that seem a lot more mysterious by nature.

We need to take down their numbers by means of starvation!

Well now I'm curious! What other questions were there?

@Alternate Dimension Catman:
.___. I think I'm out of luck.

@Ivan Strider:
Close enough! And thanks. I appreciate that! Cool people make everything better, and I think I'm seeing a lot of those around here.

But I can't leave behind something I don't have!

Free cookies...and...do I get to read minds? (Although I'm afraid I believe my choice of clan may have been decided even before I knew of the clans on the forum!)

@The Phantom Squee:
:D Hell yeah! Fist bump granted.

@GalactaRay:
Thanks! The welcome is more than enough. Thanks for the tip...though I do think my I may have chosen a side well ahead of time! (Draconians, please don't kill me!)

Kirigishi

Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,445 posts |
  • 301 Clan Points

View PostDaevian, on 01 June 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:

@Kirigishi:
It's beautiful up there. I plan on moving back in a few years, but it's more cost effective for me to finish school here and then move back to the PNW afterward. I've got my associate's degree in computer simulations, but I'm transferring into a bachelors program for game production and management. Mind if I ask what you're studying?

Sweet, sounds fun! Have you had a chance to work on any game production projects in the past/are you working on any right now? If so, any chance we can get a sneak peek? ^^

I just finished my third year of undergrad as a Chemistry major (with a focus in secondary science education) and Linguistics minor. Now I need to start looking into stuff for GRE and jobs...

Sooo, what clan will you join? :o

Tawny779 said:

Misery said:

Merc

lurky

• Emperor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,435 posts |
  • 29 Clan Points

there is a correct clan to choose; i highly suggest you choose smartly.

avoiding draconis is a very good first step

back to more other serious matters, might I ask where in the PNW you were? I go to school in Portland, though I'm home for the summer in CT right now.

[4/17/15,10:18:15 PM] Zack: breathe in
[4/17/15,10:18:21PM] Merc: Merc breathes in
[4/17/15,10:18:32 PM] Zack: and maybe out if you want

Wrrrtw

Horrible Person

• Ghost
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 398 posts |
  • 14 Clan Points

Does activity usually pick up in the summer?

Usually.  We also have activity boosting events here and there, along with Dave and his occasional games and antics

Free cookies...and...do I get to read minds? (Although I'm afraid I believe my choice of clan may have been decided even before I knew of the clans on the forum!)
Mind reading isn't something that can just be awarded to Aeolian members.  If it were, everyone would be coming from all around in order to join the great nation of Areola.

Its important to note that Clan =/= Elemental preference.   you can totes be a hot headed pyromaniac and still be in Aeolia, it's just that most of those flamers can't see the mistake they're making by joining draconis. What with the staring at the sun and all.

Posted Image

I recommend joining WRRROLIA, the remnants of the rebel WRRRTELLURIAN emprie which was shut down by THE MAN to silence THE TRUTH.  Join our undead army, You'll un-live forever.  None of the other clans can promise that.

We should all hope and look towards the day where man realizes that the sounds exiting his mouth are mostly complaints and a change occurs. -Chivelle

http://wrrrtw.tumblr.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users