Swordmaster

Impulse Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,671 posts |
  • 3 Clan Points
Night 0

“Dear gods it's hot out. Thank god we have ventilation and air conditioning in here... Now, what's this about a closed room murder?”

“We actually had a real, GENUINE closed room murder.”

“What, was the victim playing some messed up escape the room game?”

“It was Zero!”

“We're not going to solve this by believing in BS theories like morphogenic fields or some weird virus that causes people to explode.”

“Well I’d like to see you explain this.”

“Just fill me in on the details.”

“Let’s see, the victim was found in the room, or perhaps I should say around the room. His remains seem to be splattered across the walls and floor. The cause of death is hypothesized to be an explosion of some sort. We have yet to determine whether it came from inside, or outside, his body. All windows and doors are locked, the only keys into this room are inside the room, it doesn’t look like the door has been broken into either. There are some boot prints around that does not seem to match the victims, but none of them looked like they’ve left the room.

“So, someone could've chucked a grenade down his throat or something?”

"If you go with the grenade idea, it's more probable that it was forced down his throat. But, even then, isn't it a bit too big to...?"

"Obviously you never met m-"

"This is hardly the time for that."

"Since when did you become the straight man?"

"Since yo mama."

"Nevermind"

Swordmaster, the GM, has been Mafia’d.

0. Swordmaster [GM]
1. Merc
2. Sid
3. Other M
4. Ignatius
5. GalactaRay
6. Ivan Strider
7. Jigoku-Rei
8. Deltan the Dramatic

? Hidden Roles

Dawn of the 1st Day. Begin casting your votes.
Voting Closes tomorrow at 2 pm EST.

This is a lynch period.

***Clues are given based on username, avatar, signature and clan affiliation. I will not use anything else for clues to keep it simple.
Spoiler

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,274 posts |
  • 22 Clan Points
Lol @ that great opening

Hm, since voting is going to be very important with this small group, I'm not going to vote yet. I don't know if hints are already being given, but the explosion sounds to me like the work of a member of the Draconian Federation (they like fire and chaos and such). The grenade could have been used by anyone though, so that's just a hunch.

Posted Image

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,319 posts |
  • 119 Clan Points

However with such a small group it's important to vote every round due to how few people we are. Disregarding my own advice I'm gonna hold off voting for now as there isn't enough information to make a case against someone.

Althought we can always vote Rei.
Posted Image

Other M

Autopromotion

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 670 posts |
  • 19 Clan Points

View PostSid, on 30 June 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

Lol @ that great opening

Hm, since voting is going to be very important with this small group, I'm not going to vote yet. I don't know if hints are already being given, but the explosion sounds to me like the work of a member of the Draconian Federation (they like fire and chaos and such). The grenade could have been used by anyone though, so that's just a hunch.

Hold on, there are hidden hints and clues in the intro? I'm not good at deciphering those, not to mention that Swordy's writing style is too good for my understanding.

Doesn't that make it too easy for guessing who the culprits are, though? In most werewolf games, most gamemasters don't bother making an introduction post, so... I wouldn't know lol.

Has anyone found any hints yet? I have no clue as to whom I will cast my vote for, simply because of a lack of proof and whatnot.

Samudran out

Merc

lurky

• Emperor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,435 posts |
  • 29 Clan Points

Hmmm. Looking at the post, i can discern two main clues

1. the explosion
2. the boot prints

the former is probably based on clan affiliation, but that seems shaky to start pointing fingers at ig, rei, and delta for

the latter is most likely based off of avatar, since I'm not sure there's a clan or name that would indicate "boots"

anybody have any ideas?

[4/17/15,10:18:15 PM] Zack: breathe in
[4/17/15,10:18:21PM] Merc: Merc breathes in
[4/17/15,10:18:32 PM] Zack: and maybe out if you want

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,274 posts |
  • 22 Clan Points
@Other M: I don't know for sure if anything was put into the intro to help us. I know in my round as GM of mafia I did place a few clues right away though.

@Merc: Nothing comes to mind when I think of boots that would tie to any player. Maybe Ivan Strider cause boots are used to walk in? Idk.

*Also: The heat of the weather could definately be another clue pointing towards the Mars Clan.

Posted Image

Deltan the Dramatic

The Hero of Justice

• DED Warrant Officer
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 781 posts |
  • 53 Clan Points

It truly hurts my heart to see a noble guy like Swordy kick the bucket in such a fashion. Blown to bits, barely enough to hold a proper burial. Ah, what would the others think to see this morbid scene...

But fear not, citizens. The way of justice is clear. We must work together to find the ghastly mafia who have taken a hold of this once honorable land. Side with me, defenders of truth, and we shall prevail. It is for this reason I implore you all to think carefully and cast a vote for the killer. Fortune favors the brave, and if we strike at the mafia twice, we reduce their power exponentially. I trust one of us, with a radical sense of justice, might be able to strike a powerful blow against the villains.

However, unless he can convince me otherwise, I see the monster in our midst. It was clearly said in the opening, after all.

Jigoku-Rei - 1

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,089 posts |
  • 384 Clan Points

I took a quick look at another Mafia Swordmaster's hosted. In Mafia Rebirth XI, there were 8 players, as there are in this game, and he elected to go with 2 mafia and 6 citizens, but no Vigilante (despite that being one of the roles he posted in the sign-up thread). So I'm taking two things from that:

1) We can't be entirely sure what roles are and aren't in the game
2) Maybe 2:6 citizen:mafia ratio, possibly with a classic citizen role removed or an extra hidden role on mafia, or maybe 3:5, possibly with a hidden citizen role on top of the classic ones

View PostSid, on 30 June 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

I don't know if hints are already being given, but the explosion sounds to me like the work of a member of the Draconian Federation (they like fire and chaos and such).
It could be pointed out that of the three Draconians in the game, at least in the Clanverse, Ignatius is the only one who actually uses Mars Psynergy (Deltan and Rei are both Venus Adepts). Hinata/Other M (an ex-Draconian) says he's never created an RP character on GSAR. With the knowledge that I myself am not mafia, I'd suggest that either the GM didn't look quite this far into things when giving clues (and is just linking clues with the dominant element of a player's clan), or else he's not pointing at Draconians at all.

View PostSwordmaster, on 30 June 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

“It was Zero!”
Seems a bit on-the-nose for a 'clue', but it could point to CompleteZero/Jigoku-Rei, who is Draconian. His character is also well-known as an armour-wearing mercenary, so boots are a definite possibility.

All windows and doors are locked, the only keys into this room are inside the room, it doesn’t look like the door has been broken into either. There are some boot prints around that does not seem to match the victims, but none of them looked like they’ve left the room.
Teleporting murderer? The only character in GS who can teleport (without a Teleport Lapis) is a Mercury Adept, which could point us towards a Samudran - Sid, GalactaRay, or Other M.

Other M is a recent ex-Draconian and might be assumed to have "exploding" Psynergy.

I'm not totally sure about the boot thing being a clue, but I would imagine that a "Sentinel of the Citadel" (Sid's title) would wear boots (along with Rei). Having grenades is also possible, but might be a bit of a stretch.

View PostSid, on 30 June 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

The heat of the weather could definately be another clue pointing towards the Mars Clan.
Eh. Seems like a stretch. If it was the temperature inside the murder room, that would be one thing. But how would the outdoor temperature be linked to the murderer? Not that the explosion clue doesn't sort of already point at a Draconian.

View PostGalactaRay, on 13 August 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

Fire is the silent hero

Recipient of Posted Image

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,274 posts |
  • 22 Clan Points
I don't think tying the hot weather to a member of the Federation is a big stretch. It's the first thing stated in the intro, and if it was irrelevant it could have been left out. The weather inside the murder room could also have relevance (air conditioning: Jupiter clan), but I'm consentrating on the hot weather since that ties together with the explosion.

As for the boots thing, I don't think Sword's "boots" are the shiny, metal boots that a man of my title would wear. I think they are just...well boots.

I'm going to vote for Deltan right now, because I don't  see why Rei is clearly guilty.

Rei - Deltan
Deltan - Sid

Posted Image

Ivan Strider

Mage of Music

• Chief Advisor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,001 posts |
  • 86 Clan Points

I'm no good at reading things, but to think that somebody accused me because of boots? Wow. I wear white shoes thank you very much. But anyway.

It's still way too early to be pointing fingers, but with so little people we can't afford to not vote this round. Though, it would also be unwise to 'Random Vote'.

So what we have so far is 'Mars and Mercury seemingly are the culprits'. It's really not much to go off of, since I myself don't know who is all what type of adept. Perhaps we should all say what we are adept wise? That might help things a bit more.

I for one, am a Jupiter Adept, governing over the winds. Except the air conditioner, in this weather it governs itself. I just hope it doesn't break. I assume this is the meeting spot from now on. >.>

Deltan the Dramatic

The Hero of Justice

• DED Warrant Officer
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 781 posts |
  • 53 Clan Points

Well, I seem to have caused a stir. I suppose such is the path of true justice. Though it pains me to point a finger of justice at a close friend, an ally of the Federation, I must do so or face the unfortunate prospect of passing away.

Our goal is twofold - Oust the Mafia, Live another day. No one can contest these truths, right? Trying to shoot down our chances with inaction will only lead to our eventual doom. As for pointing the finger at Rei, it still seems obvious to me. A closed room murder, boot prints that lead to nowhere? That along with his continued silence mean our killer was... A Complete Zero.  

Deltan - Sid
Rei - Deltan

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,319 posts |
  • 119 Clan Points

If we are going by adept elements and their psynergy I would also like to point out that it would also be a Venus adept because they usually have access to teleport back to the entrance and Jupiter as the teleport lapis is a Jupiter psynergy.

I'm also going to vote for Rei as all the different people above me have said and because it seems very much like Rei to kill someone in a bang

Rei -Deltan,Ray
Deltan - Sid
Posted Image

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,089 posts |
  • 384 Clan Points

***Clues are given based on username, avatar, signature and clan affiliation. I will not use anything else for clues to keep it simple.
Must have been a recent edit; I'm glad I saw it. So Adept types are indeed irrelevant. This would also suggest that the links I made between from the boots to Sid's clan title, as well as to Rei's character's garb, are erroneous. CompleteZero is also not Rei's username, so "It was Zero!" is not a legit basis to suspect him. More importantly, this all (along with a couple of clues pointed out by other players since my last post) encourages me to look at Ivan Strider.

ventilation and air conditioning inside the murder room -> Jupiter affiliation
explosion -> "Kill it with fire" signature
boot prints -> "Strider" (one who strides, walks, etc)
boot prints not leaving the room -> teleportation -> Jupiter element (not sure how they figured, but that is what the GS Wiki says)

All that, especially combined with how Ivan's post basically amounted to "here's how I don't fit into any of the descriptions of the suspects so far" and made no attempt to advance our discernation of the murderer, is enough for me to outweigh suspicions of Rei, which are now resting solely on the "explosion" and "hot outside" points, the latter of which seems weak especially in direct comparison to the environmental clue we already have for inside the murder room which points to an Aeolian.

Ivan (1) - Ignatius
Rei (2) - Deltan, Ray
Deltan (1) - Sid

Fire is the silent hero

Deltan the Dramatic

The Hero of Justice

• DED Warrant Officer
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 781 posts |
  • 53 Clan Points

Impressive deduction, Ignatius. Indeed, it would seem like your trail of reasoning is correct. Perchance I was too hasty in decrying a dear friend of the federation. However, it was thanks to my loudmouthing that we drew closer to the truth.

I shall follow the will of the wise High Judge, and change my vote to strike down a known heretic...

Ivan (2) - Ignatius, Deltan
Rei (1) - Ray
Deltan (1) - Sid

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,319 posts |
  • 119 Clan Points

I'll join in voting Ivan because the points are very believable and it all hints towards Ivan. Even if Swordy was killed by fire it has stated that grenades have a hard time getting inside a person, whereas an Mars adapt.....

Ivan (3) - Deltan, Ignatius, Ray
Deltan (1) - Sid
Posted Image

Ivan Strider

Mage of Music

• Chief Advisor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,001 posts |
  • 86 Clan Points

I still don't understand but okey. Sure fine. I don't really have anything to shoot back besides 'I'm not mafia'. I'm not really good at deciphering clues anyway so I'd be pretty useless.

I still don't understand the boots thing, the 'Strider' deal seems to be a bit of a stretch if you ask me.

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,089 posts |
  • 384 Clan Points

View PostIvan Strider, on 01 July 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

I still don't understand the boots thing, the 'Strider' deal seems to be a bit of a stretch if you ask me.
You could be right, but even without that clue, it seems to me that more evidence points in your direction than anyone else's right now.

Fire is the silent hero

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,274 posts |
  • 22 Clan Points
Sorry Ivan, but Ig has made a really convincing case, tying together all the clues we debated about from the intro.

Ivan (4) - Deltan, Ignatius, Ray, Sid

Posted Image

Other M

Autopromotion

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 670 posts |
  • 19 Clan Points

It could be pointed out that of the three Draconians in the game, at least in the Clanverse, Ignatius is the only one who actually uses Mars Psynergy (Deltan and Rei are both Venus Adepts). Hinata/Other M (an ex-Draconian) says he's never created an RP character on GSAR. With the knowledge that I myself am not mafia, I'd suggest that either the GM didn't look quite this far into things when giving clues (and is just linking clues with the dominant element of a player's clan), or else he's not pointing at Draconians at all.

...Didn't you just do the math for us? You seem to have pulled a nice reasoning right there, and maybe you expect us to go out on a limb and believe you, the only Mars Psynergy user, are innocent? I'll spare everyone the syllogisms, you get the idea already. Kinda shot yourself in the foot there, huh?

Ignatius (1) - Other M

(OOC: well obviously I didn't keep track of the last messages, just came home after a bloody exam day and all I saw is that Adept Types are irrelevant, which makes my whole point void; but I really wanted to post in the thoughts I got after seeing the quoted post yesterday. I'm tired as hell which is why my argument was rushed as I typed, not that my vote would change much about Ivan's fate anyway. RIP)

Ivan Strider

Mage of Music

• Chief Advisor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,001 posts |
  • 86 Clan Points

It looks like my fate has been sealed, but Other M makes a pretty good argument too. So, I have made my decision

Ignatius (2) - Other M, Ivan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users