Swordmaster

Impulse Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,670 posts |
  • 3 Clan Points
End of the 1st Day.

"Have you heard - everyone's panicking about that murder that happened yesterday."

"Really? I thought I kept the whole autopsy and investigation on the down-low..."

"Oshi- that was supposed to be a secret? My bad."

"Goddammit... you're about as useful as the gum stuck to my shoe. If we don't solve this stuff soon and calm down the mob they might lynch someone out of fear and faulty logic!"

"You mean the thing happening over there?"

"..."

"..."

"Crap... one more wrong move and this town might be boned."

"I hope Stark doesn't come and kill the wrong guy during the night; 'cause, y'know... he's kind of prone to bad decisions..."

"Are you just referencing anything that comes to mind?"

"Maybe..."

"..."

Ivan Strider, the citizen, has been lynched by the mob.

0. Swordmaster(GM)
1. Merc
2. Sid
3. Other M
4. Ignatius
5. GalactaRay
6. Ivan Strider (Citizen)
7. Jigoku-Rei
8. Deltan the Dramatic

The 1st Night begins. Night roles PM me your actions

The day phase begins at 2pm EST tomorrow.
Spoiler

Swordmaster

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,670 posts |
  • 3 Clan Points
(Due to circumstances, I'll be updating it a bit later tonight. And, yes, you can talk during the night; some may or may not want to do this.)
Spoiler

Ignatius

Realist

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 2,938 posts |
  • 340 Clan Points

Dang, I was feeling pretty good about that one. It goes without saying that I was the first one to suggest voting for Ivan, and for that I'm sorry. All I can do is hope the rest of the citizens examine the evidence that was presented and decide Ivan was a solid guess - and I'll point out that three people jumped on board with me. :P

I guess I'll lay out the clues I'm seeing right now and who they might point to, and hope the Vigilante, if there is one and they choose to act, has enough information to make a good choice tonight.

View PostSwordmaster, on 01 July 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

If we don't solve this stuff soon and calm down the mob they might lynch someone out of fear and faulty logic!"

"You mean the thing happening over there?"

This could be suggesting that environmental conditions (inside and outside) at a real murder scene wouldn't reflect the murderer's clan affiliation. In any event, Merc is the only Aeolian left, and I see no clues (besides the ventilation/AC one used in the last round) that point to him, so I'll be taking that and the 'hot outside' clue with a grain of salt from now on.

explosion -> Draconian -> Deltan, Rei, Ignatius. Sid? A sentinel could have grenades
Voters for Ivan's lynch -> Deltan, GalactaRay, Sid, Ignatius
boot prints -> Sid? Is that a sentinel in his avatar, someone who no doubt wears boots?
vanishing boot prints -> Samudran? Alex had teleportation -> Sid, GalactaRay, Other M?
ventilation/air conditioning in murder room? -> Aeolian -> Merc?
hot outside? -> Draconian -> Deltan, Rei, Ignatius?

Sid shows up a lot in that list. I feel like I'm stretching a bit with a couple of clues (notably the boots and their vanishing), but I see no other possible links for those particular ones. Deltan and GalactaRay are maybe my other top suspects. Deltan was pretty quick to cast a vote for Rei, based simply on the "It was Zero!" line, and then was first to jump on board after I pointed the finger at Ivan. GalactaRay followed him in both instances, but the other clues maybe favour Deltan more heavily. If Deltan does turn out to be Mafia, I'd wager Rei is a citizen.

"Crap... one more wrong move and this town might be boned."

This /might/ suggest we started with 5:3 (and have a Vigilante), and are now at 4:3. After the mafia kills one of us tonight, 3:3, and then a mistaken lynch or Vigilante kill would lose us the game. If we'd started with 6:2, we'd still be at 3:2 after tonight's mafia kill and a mistake – not a great situation, but not game over. I urge the Vigilante to err on the side of caution tonight unless they're very sure of their target's guilt.

View PostDeltan the Dramatic, on 02 July 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

Merc, Ignatius [...] these two are roughly equivalent to Exodia the Forbidden one.

Recipient of Posted Image

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,240 posts |
  • 18 Clan Points
Even though my vote didn't really matter, I still feel bad for voting against an innocent player. I would immediately be suspicious of Ignatius as he really was deadset on lynching Ivan, but hey...the clues did tie to Ivan in several ways; so I'll say it was an honest mistake.

But, given the mistake, let's be really reaaaallly careful next day phase to not vote based on hunches, and make real connections between clues and players. Id go so far as to not through out any votes until we have thoroughly debated about it.

Posted Image

Deltan the Dramatic

The Hero of Justice

• DED Warrant Officer
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 781 posts |
  • 53 Clan Points

I think it's only fair that, as this will most likely be my final night phase, I discuss my suspicions frankly with all of you.

Seeing as I know myself not to be a Mafia member (a claim our dear detective can verify, should he choose), we are left with a few possible Mafia members. I'll go through what I believe to be the worst case scenarios.

Absolute Game Over : Merc, Ignatius, anyone else

This team for the Mafia side spells out our defeat. Both of them are smart enough to make reasonable arguments, know how to not look like they're in collusion, and are all in all too good for us to get with a Lynch vote. It's not that the third member of the Mafia doesn't matter, it's just that these two are roughly equivalent to Exodia the Forbidden one. Like the fearsome Hydra, killing one will only lead to the other becoming more wily, so it's basically a lose-lose.

Slightly less bad for us but still pretty bad - Merc, Ignatius, Rei

So you know how I just said 'Man, these guys are too good, we should raise the white flag' ? Rei's presence on the Mafia is only slightly better for us because there's a reasonable enough chance of him being killed accidentally. So we the citizens get to feel pretty good about ourselves before inevitably losing.

So, that's my bleak outlook. But there is good news! If Ignatius and Merc aren't on the same team, then I think we have a solid chance of surviving another night. What say you, friends?

Other M

Autopromotion

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 670 posts |
  • 19 Clan Points

But, given the mistake, let's be really reaaaallly careful next day phase to not vote based on hunches, and make real connections between clues and players.

Isn't that what we actually did today?

Regardless, I didn't vote for Ivan but I'll admit I did not properly read everyone's post as to what he was being suspected for. What a fine way to start off my first Mafia game. I promise I'll be available for the next rounds though, so no worries.

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,240 posts |
  • 18 Clan Points

View PostOther M, on 02 July 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

Isn't that what we actually did today?

I guess so. I really just regret that I wasn't more cautious in casting my vote. For example, many of the ties to the Jupiter clan also would apply to Merc, but for some reason I didn't even consider that when I voted for Ivan.

Posted Image

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,306 posts |
  • 115 Clan Points

Well well well seems there's a lot going on but I'm pointing my finger at who ever from Deltan and Ignatius is still going to be alive next day phase. Both have made well though out arguments and have said to not be killed by the Mafia. On top of that they also have that link with Draconis which we have argued about .
Posted Image
A bunch of quotes below.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Swordmaster

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,670 posts |
  • 3 Clan Points
End of the 1st Night.

"Hey, so, do you know what the occasion was last night? There were a ton of fireworks - it was kinda awesome."

"You fool, those weren't fireworks, they were explosions."

"Cool explosions?"

"Sort of. It seems like the vigilante had a showdown with one of the mafia guys. I heard it turned into a fire fight from the get-go. You know how our masked hero used fire and that sort of stuff? Well, turns out the other guy had a grenade for an arm - the buildings in the surrounding area are total'd. It would've been a nightmare cleaning up..."

"I imagine you would have a hellofatime dealing with all the evidence floating around the area - everything from shrapnel to burns. Goodluck with that, I'm on break."

"It would've been bad... but it's a bit worse than that. Apparently the mafia sent up a cleanup crew or something to deal with the site. By the time firefighters got here the flames were already doused and evidence was washed into the sewers - stuff is virtually untraceable now. It's rare to find fire and water working together; hell, worst case scenario, it might be some weirdly multi-talented individual who can do both. Also, we don't get breaks ya idiot."

"Damn... I guess I'll sit here and brainstorm some possibilities. You can handle the hard work."

"Okay - tell you what - if you can give me a decent idea or lead, you'll get the rest of the day off."

"Hm... looking at the damage... it's gotta be someone who can use fire, or explosions, or both. And, judging by the destruction... they either need to be really adept to blow that big of a hole and reach up to the fifth floor... or they need some way of getting up there easily. Hell, it might've turned into an air-ground battle. I can't really imagine our Vig losing a 1v1 fire fight unless there was also some other shenanigans going on. From the looks of it, it seems like fire was being pelted down on him."

"The mafia guys could've started sniping him from one of the buildings... but you do make a good point. We'll try recreating the fight - congrats, you've got the rest of the day off."

"Woo!"

"I never said you'd get paid for this break. Quit your slacking and let's get to work."

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffff..."

Ignatius, the Vigilante, has been mafia'd.

0. Swordmaster(GM)
1. Merc
2. Sid
3. Other M
4. Ignatius (Vigilante)
5. GalactaRay
6. Ivan Strider (Citizen)
7. Jigoku-Rei
8. Deltan the Dramatic

Dawn of the 2nd Day. Cast your votes for lynching.

The Night phase begins at 6pm EST tomorrow.
Spoiler

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,240 posts |
  • 18 Clan Points
Well I'm stumped boys. This day phase could end the game, so I may as well reveal my role: I am the detective! As I mentioned in my previous posts,  I found Ignatius a tad suspicious, so during the night phase I investigate him. I had hoped that if he was guilty I could convince you all to lynch him today, and if he was innocent we could team up. I can't prove this of course, but I hope that the bodyguard and (Other citizen?) believe me enough not to vote for me and lynch someone else. I say we look at Ignatius's thoughts to make our decision, as clearly he was on to something...

Not voting yet, of course.

Posted Image

Merc

lurky

• Emperor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,432 posts |
  • 28 Clan Points

i'm, like, really flattered rn, delta

Hm… so sid, if this was the first night phase and you investigated Ig, then we don't have any other concrete information, correct? We have to rely on the clues again.

[4/17/15,10:18:15 PM] Zack: breathe in
[4/17/15,10:18:21PM] Merc: Merc breathes in
[4/17/15,10:18:32 PM] Zack: and maybe out if you want

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,240 posts |
  • 18 Clan Points
Yeah, I have nothing to offer, unfortunately.

I would suggest though that we focus on names, avatars and signatures when we try to piece together clues today. Judging based on clan affiliation isn't enough to make a sound decision anymore...there are clues pointing to all three.

Posted Image

Other M

Autopromotion

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 670 posts |
  • 19 Clan Points
I possess concrete intelligence, and proof that one of us is a big fat liar.

I investigated Sid tonight.

Yes, there's clearly a contradiction here. One that blows everyone's minds as I speak and fills said minds with more doubt than ever.

I speak the truth, though. It made complete sense to me that either Sid or Ig would be shot tonight, due to them both proving their exceptional wit regarding analysises yesterday. I was unsure of which one I was going to investigate, knowing that:

- Ig has been particularly pushy with his deduction during the day. He may either have been a very clever mafioso or made himself a first-line target for the Mafia. One's that too much of a threat for our killers, in spite of his mistaken analysis regarding Ivan Strider.
- Both Ig and Sid could have been mafiosi and no one could've seen it coming except those who tend to speculate a lot. All the more reason to try and possibly unmask one of them in the process.
- I voted against Ig yesterday out of sheer laziness regarding everyone's clue about Ivan. But it was also provoked out of me being intrigued by him. I wanted to test the waters, hoping he'd survive until today so we could have a face-off. Hence why I ended up choosing Sid tonight.

So why did Sid lie about his role, and why would he pretend to have investigated Ignatius, knowing that the latter was the Vigilante? Wouldn't his lie cast suspicion onto himself?

I think of it more as a bold move from a very determined citizen who wants to deal a fatal blow to the mafiosi (just like I do). He's got a trick up his sleeve, that's for sure, and he is witty. You guys should trust us both right now. Also: I specified he is not a mafioso, but I'm leaving to him the discreetion of revealing his true role.

Aaaand it shouldn't require you much thought at all to see that I just gave you a lead onto a person that's definitely a mafioso.

Somebody is said to have doused the flames of the explosion. Sid having been proved innocent (what with me being a Detective, y'know, which means not a mafioso), there is only one possible culprit left, only one of us left that could have accomplished that.

GalactaRay (1) - Other M

Merc

lurky

• Emperor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,432 posts |
  • 28 Clan Points

…um

i'm too tired for this rn, i'm gonna try to figure this out in the morning

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,240 posts |
  • 18 Clan Points
I'm not sure what you're plotting Other M... I do know, however, that you are not the detective. I encourage everyone to keep clear of voting for GalactaRay.

To the mafia it doesn't matter who dies today. They know  I am the detective now, so don't need to target me - they can simply kill me tonight. What they want to do is get rid of the bodyguard in this day phase if possible, as then victory for them is assured (there will be no one to defend against the murder). I think Other M is trying to say I am innocent, only so the focus is taken off of me and him and placed on Ray.

I will not retaliate and vote for Other M, even though he has shown me he is a liar, and probably guilty. I have suspicions elsewhere, based on the clues provided by SM and NOT on claims which cannot be proven.

I'm placing my vote for Jigoku-Rei, for the following reasons:
1) The "zero" reference. That ties right to his signature.
2) All the fire references - he is Draconian.
3) The "hellofatime" reference and other references to hell in today's post by SM. Go take a look at Rei's location. Hell is in it, and what's more....
4) Notice how today's  post ended with "FFFFFFFFFFff" etc. The same style as the "HELLLLLLLLLLLL" in Rei's location.
5) Rei has made no posts thus far. Every good citizen knows that for the town to win, we must actively engage in voting to lynch people we suspect as guilty. Only the mafia has the luxury of sitting back and letting others do the talking.

- - -
I realize this list of reasons isn't concrete, but it's good enough for me to place my vote right now.

GalactaRay - Other M
Jigoku- Rei - Sid.

Posted Image

Other M

Autopromotion

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 670 posts |
  • 19 Clan Points
I recall you are the one who started the ball with claims which cannot be proven. My vote towards Ray is only based off of logical /personal/ reasoning. I won't blame you for calling me a liar, since I did the same in my post. But if you wish to include me in the Mafia, let your evidence speak for you. Or maybe you could drop the act now? Then again, I trust you and my investigation, so your schemes probably aren't so bad.

I'll keep clear for now (going to bed actually) until the others give us their two cents on the matter. My vote still holds up.

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,306 posts |
  • 115 Clan Points

I'm getting voted ehhhh. I would try to find a case about how I'm not the mafia but I'm not going to because I found enough information in that one article that Merc is part of the mafia.

Let take a look a Merc's avatar from that anime/manga in full with colour
The guy has a grenade as an arm which he can use as a massive explosion and in the first episodes it's shown how destructive it would be. The guy can also use his grenade arm for a long range explosion.

Time to dissect Swordys thing to make it obvious

View PostSwordmaster, on 03 July 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

"You fool, those weren't fireworks, they were explosions."

"Cool explosions?"

"Sort of. It seems like the vigilante had a showdown with one of the mafia guys. I heard it turned into a fire fight from the get-go. You know how our masked hero used fire and that sort of stuff? Well, turns out the other guy had a grenade for an arm (this is a biggg clue to towards it and does hint towards the avatar thing) - the buildings in the surrounding area are total'd. It would've been a nightmare cleaning up..."

"I imagine you would have a hellofatime dealing with all the evidence floating around the area - everything from shrapnel to burns. Goodluck with that, I'm on break."

"It would've been bad... but it's a bit worse than that. Apparently the mafia sent up a cleanup crew or something to deal with the site. By the time firefighters got here the flames were already doused and evidence was washed into the sewers - stuff is virtually untraceable now. It's rare to find fire and water working together; hell, worst case scenario, it might be some weirdly multi-talented individual who can do both. Also, we don't get breaks ya idiot."

"Damn... I guess I'll sit here and brainstorm some possibilities. You can handle the hard work."

"Okay - tell you what - if you can give me a decent idea or lead, you'll get the rest of the day off."

"Hm... looking at the damage... it's gotta be someone who can use fire, or explosions, or both. And, judging by the destruction... they either need to be really adept to blow that big of a hole and reach up to the fifth floor.. (this is an indirect reference to the anime as there was an episode in which that guy fought and it did blow a hole to the 5th floor). or they need some way of getting up there easily. Hell, it might've turned into an air-ground battle. I can't really imagine our Vig losing a 1v1 fire fight unless there was also some other shenanigans going on. From the looks of it, it seems like fire was being pelted down on him."

"The mafia guys could've started sniping him from one of the buildings... but you do make a good point. We'll try recreating the fight - congrats, you've got the rest of the day off."

"Woo!"

"I never said you'd get paid for this break. Quit your slacking and let's get to work."

And according to the other clues from yesterday we have someone nailed with Aoelian affinity due to the different ventilation clues and it does help that his avatar is all fire which matches how swordy died with all the fire.

So now we need someone in Samudran who has is part of the mafia. I have a mess of a signature so there shouldn't be many clues in there. The only thing that does hint towards me is the mask but we already know thats ig so wouldn't really help. (Also in all my RP characters I use Lull the djinn that turns invisible but that wouldn't help.)

Could be other M but he doesn't have a signature so there aren't any clues to find from that other than the fact he doesn't have one hinting towards him being invisible. Anyone with more knowledge of Other Ms avatar should step forward telling us all the information. Or other M himself.

There's Sid one someone who's saying he's the detective but he's signature is a big giveaway. A fish flopping and splashing silently into water, this could hint towards that Sid as the ability to simply turn invisible/disappear, his signature also makes the jumping into sewers part sense. I'd wager he's the second mafia.

He's reasoning is basing on Rei because of the fire and all Rei being explosive. But there does need to be some one with Jupiter affinity as we have already deducted yesterday

I'm voting for Merc as my reasoning above and there's still some open ends with sid being mafia.

GalactaRay - Other M
Jigoku- Rei - Sid.
Merc - Ray
Posted Image
A bunch of quotes below.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Other M

Autopromotion

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 670 posts |
  • 19 Clan Points
Well... My avatar is a character from an Ace Attorney game but I haven't gotten far enough within its lore to have met her; and I doubt Swordy knows anything about her as well so details are scarce. Shrug.

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,306 posts |
  • 115 Clan Points

Well I've never played Ace Attorney but I can assume that this person doesn't have any powers that have something to do with water. Seems like Sid seems rather supsipicous to be the water member of the Mafia.

My avatar is from an anime and my characters power is freezing people's heart beats by using his eyes. For that reason he wears a mask. He fights with a sword and other than he's eyes he doesn't have any access to magic.
Posted Image
A bunch of quotes below.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Merc

lurky

• Emperor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,432 posts |
  • 28 Clan Points

All right, Ray, looks like you got me. Honestly, I think Swordy was definitely going a little bit too hamfisted with the hints towards me, though I probably deserve it after gloating as I did in the mafia chat that nobody was going to get the references to my avvy. Oops.

So, now that I'm exposed, I might as well try my best to help everyone so they know how to act in the future. There's not much in the game since I'm most likely gonna be dead after this round. I mean, you could try to keep me alive, and try to kill another mafioso, since you could always kill me later, but that would be really, really, really dumb. don't do that. please just kill me, for your own sakes.

ROLES
So, swordy gave out some clues before the last night phase that nobody really acknowledged, so here we go:

"Really? I thought I kept the whole autopsy and investigation on the down-low..."

"I hope Stark doesn't come and kill the wrong guy during the night; 'cause, y'know... he's kind of prone to bad decisions..."

From these, there are either two or three non-mafia special roles in the game. The second quote reveals the Vigilante role, who we now know is Ignatius (rest in peace, lmao. Killing him was totally my idea too, so props to me for that!). The first quote reveals the definite existence of a Detective role, whose identity is unverifiable. I also thought that the autopsy part might indicate a Doctor role, which is essentially a variant of bodyguard who can heal anybody who gets killed in the night phase, protecting them from death. I'm not entirely certain about this.

Now, there's the matter of the mafia. Without giving any insider information (Sorry ;P), there are likely three mafia in the town, based both on the points Ig mentioned from the night phase post, and the rather obvious speculation in today's day phase post that there's someone who can use explosions (hello!), someone who can use fire, and someone who can use water. I mean, it could very well be someone who can use both fire and water (see quotation), but I don't think there's anybody whose avatar, sig, and clan alignment match up to give that impression.

View PostSwordmaster, on 03 July 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

It's rare to find fire and water working together; hell, worst case scenario, it might be some weirdly multi-talented individual who can do both.

So, we now have six people left in the game. Half of us are probably mafia, leaving half townies! So, here's a little list thingy

Mafia
1. Godfather - Fire or water
2. Mafioso - Fire or water
3. Mafioso - me! I'm a mafioso :)
Town
1. Detective
2. Townie (Doctor??)
3. Townie

So, here we go! Now for Merc's Special Analysis™ of all y'all town members and your actions thus far!

Fire guys: It's a 50/50 chance, folks! Better choose wisely.
Rei: Super quiet!! The heck!! Like, I know your net was down for pretty much the entirety of day one, but you could have said /something/ at night! Rude, really suspicious.

Delta: Said really nice things about me in his post during the night phase <3. Anyways, he's always a pretty good analytical player, so it'd be really good for the town if he was on your side. Of course, it'd be really bad for the town if he was on the mafia side, as he would be perfectly capable of hiding his identity as well. He hasn't actually done that much in the game on his own so far, other than voting for Rei in the first round, which at this point doesn't say much, since we now know that it's either him or Rei that's the flame-y member of the mafia.

Water dudes: 1 in 3 chances, except two are a lot more suspicious than the third
Ray: Exposed me! also really rude. This probably cements him as on your side, unless he was throwing one of his fellow mafia under the bus to make himself seem less suspicious. His voting in the first round: followed the bandwagon onto voting for Rei, then followed the bandwagon onto voting for Ivan. He's a water dude too, but he's also not suspicious! oh well.

Sid: you're pretty talkative, dude. You claim to be the detective, but we… actually are unable to verify that, as the person you claim to have investigated is dead, and as such had his role revealed before you even posted. That's a pretty easy way to make yourself seem un-suspicious, using an already revealed role as 'evidence' that you're the detective. In the first round, he was the first and only person to vote for deltan, but switched onto the bandwagon to kill Ivan (rest in peace :) )

Other M: I'm trying my best to come up w/ something for him, but? I actually have no clue what's going on with him and all that detective stuff. He claims to be the detective, same with Sid, and his identity is equally unverifiable, as he claims to know Sid's unverifiable role. He keeps asserting that he's not mafia, which is inherently suspicious. However, it's also his first game of mafia, and that's a pretty common rookie mistake. I'd say he's about just as suspicious as Sid, so I'd recommend quickly figuring out which of the two you find more suspicious, as they're probably the water part of the fire/water mafia alliance. He was one of the few people who didn't vote for Ivan in the first round, choosing to vote for Ig instead.

have fun, guys! see you on the flip side of life and death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users