Kirigishi

Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,445 posts |
  • 301 Clan Points

What would the Dark Dawn characters have been like during the time of the GBA games? Where would they have been, and what would they have been doing?

On the flip side of that, what would the GBA game characters be like during the time of Dark Dawn? Where would they live, and what would they be doing?

Feel free to consider characters as obvious as Felix and Sheba, or as obscure as Feizhi and the Sol Sanctum healer in Vale.

Edit: Oh, and play around with creating a visual image of the time-leap character using this anime avatar generator! http://www.rinmaruga...-avatar-creator

Tawny779 said:

you come for the Golden Sun. You stay for the crazy <3

Misery said:

Common sense is the most uncommon of the senses.

Dave: I'm becoming a doctor.
Dave: I like people
Dave: ...when they're unconscious

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,096 posts |
  • 384 Clan Points

Posted Image
This is Piers in Dark Dawn - he's become a suave, sophisticated pirate who boozes on wine and has finally learned to understand and connect with other human beings - especially women. Watch out, Nowell...

View PostGalactaRay, on 13 August 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

Fire is the silent hero

Recipient of Posted Image

Kirigishi

Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,445 posts |
  • 301 Clan Points

Did you just happen to have that avatar on file? I remember seeing it before, and you whipped that up quite quickly, heh.

That said, you bring up a pretty great idea, to represent your visualizations of a character using an avatar creator. I'll add the link to that particular generator in the TS.

Tawny779 said:

Misery said:

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,096 posts |
  • 384 Clan Points

Yeah, I did up Piers and Felix (who just looks the same as in the first two) when that generator got posted on GSAR before.

I legit think Felix is living as a hermit somewhere in DD. He's not very friendly towards people in the first game, and the only time he speaks up in TLA is when Team Moapa is explaining to him that he has to put equipment in the chest, and he's immediately suspicious that someone is trying to jack his loot. Why?

He's out in the wild, maybe living in a cave, where nobody can jack his dinner and he won't be tempted to rely on anyone to save him from a boulder. He's got a glorious beard.

Spoiler

Fire is the silent hero

Kirigishi

Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,445 posts |
  • 301 Clan Points

I really imagine Felix living out in the woods somewhere with Sheba, lol? Someone correct me if I'm contradicting the game canon by proposing that, though.

I wonder what Ikan the storyteller would have been like during the GBA games... I imagine him hiking around some mountains, taking in the world. He would have been quite fit during that time. No beard yet, either.

Tawny779 said:

Misery said:

Saturos

Knight

• Temple of Kraden Ambassador
    Infernal Legionnaire
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 146 posts |
  • 9 Clan Points

I knew you were leading up to that Sora piece, Iggs. I just knew it.

That's a cool idea, Kiri! I can definitely imagine Felix and Sheba travelling together, trying to find Sheba's homeland.
There was a crack theory on Gamefaqs that Felix was the High Empyror, and like most GS crack at first I was like wtf :frown: but now I'm like :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

I shall revisit this topic more when I am less tired and have the time to do a nice, comprehensive post. =o

I think the DD cast as children would've been adorable to see. Eoleo aside ofc, since we got to see that.

Robert Joe

Archailect

• Aeiou Ambassador
  • Members
  • 277 posts |
  • 1 Clan Points

Posted Image

This is Mia in Dark Dawn - She has become a giant spider-tank who fights in space battles and has finally learned how to break the light-speed barrier and devour things for materials - especially small planetoids. Watch out, Pluto...
Posted Image
Mah boi, dinner is what all true warriors strive for! - King Harkinian

Posted Image

If you want to spam insistently, do not do so here! Go to Aeiou!

Deltan the Dramatic

The Hero of Justice

• DED Warrant Officer
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 781 posts |
  • 53 Clan Points

monsters. all of you. This is not what Justice wanted to see.

That being said Dark Dawn Piers looks so much like Sanji it's not even funny.

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,096 posts |
  • 384 Clan Points

View PostSaturos, on 16 December 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

There was a crack theory on Gamefaqs that Felix was the High Empyror
I'd buy that. What are the chances that when just two of the eight party members from TLA are never mentioned in DD, one of them would be Felix (easily one of the three most plot-centric) unless Camelot was building up to some shocking reveal as to what he's been up to? Sheba, the other one who's never mentioned, could be his Empyress - or else her tragic death has provided the impetus for Felix to start up the nefarious Tuaparang.

Or what if Sheba's the High Empyror? (Would they have referred to her as an Empyress?) Sheba fell from the sky. What if Sheba finally found her people, the airship-owning Tuaparang, one of whom shoved her off an airship to try and steal the throne from her or something? When she finds her people again, she reclaims the throne, maybe with the help of Felix.

Fire is the silent hero

Tawny779

Official Refuge Lurker/TCG Whiz

• Centurion
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 700 posts |
  • 41 Clan Points

I dunno. It sounds like a plausible theory at first, but then you remember that Arcanus is Alex, and would either Felix or Sheba really let him waltz around Weyard doing who knows what with two of their generals? somehow, I doubt it. I could see them being the other two generals, perhaps, or otherwise connected to the Tuaparang. But High Empyror?
Pokemon Showdown: Tawn
League of Legends: Tawny779 (NA)
Battle.Net: Tawny779#1879
Steam: Tawny779
Nintendo Friend Code: 1135-1686-4113
hit me up on any of the above!

Current Trading Card Game addiction:
Cardfight!! Vanguard

join the Official GSAR Discord! or My Personal Discord I use for gaming with people outside the GSAR community

View PostKirigishi, on 05 January 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Welcome to the Refuge, where nothing is ever normal.

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,096 posts |
  • 384 Clan Points

View PostTawny779, on 10 January 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

I dunno. It sounds like a plausible theory at first, but then you remember that Arcanus is Alex, and would either Felix or Sheba really let him waltz around Weyard doing who knows what with two of their generals?
Here's my crack theory (so far; I'm making this up as I go): Felix and Sheba find her lost homeland of Tuaparang; she was pushed off an airship as a child by someone who coveted her throne. With Felix's help, she reclaims the throne, and they get married at some point along the way. But then she suffers a tragic death. By Tuaparang law, leadership passes to Felix, who lets Alex make use of the Tuaparang in exchange for a promise to help use the powers of the Golden Sun/Alchemy to bring Sheba back.

All that together is a bit of a longshot, haha, but I think it's at least possible that Felix has agreed to help Alex on the understanding that Alex will help bring Sheba back to life. Keep in mind, too, that at this point Alex's goal seems to be to take out the Wise One - the being who forced Felix to unknowingly almost kill his parents.

Fire is the silent hero

Tawny779

Official Refuge Lurker/TCG Whiz

• Centurion
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 700 posts |
  • 41 Clan Points

that theory sounds...more plausible. I still think Felix would be smarter than to essentially let Alex do whatever he wants, but also accept that people do crazy things when they're at emotional extreme's.
Pokemon Showdown: Tawn
League of Legends: Tawny779 (NA)
Battle.Net: Tawny779#1879
Steam: Tawny779
Nintendo Friend Code: 1135-1686-4113
hit me up on any of the above!

Current Trading Card Game addiction:
Cardfight!! Vanguard

join the Official GSAR Discord! or My Personal Discord I use for gaming with people outside the GSAR community

View PostKirigishi, on 05 January 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Welcome to the Refuge, where nothing is ever normal.

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,875 posts |
  • 78 Clan Points

I like to imagine Mia became a professional ice sculptor

I have no idea why, but I think it suits her

Also Sveta in the original games would make her way to Garoh and become their queen
Posted Image

@UmbrAndrew for twitter, follow me for no reason.

Spoiler

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,096 posts |
  • 384 Clan Points

Maybe after people went against the Wise One's wishes and restored Alchemy to the world, he became fed up with their stubbornness and abandoned his duties, choosing instead to pursue his lifelong dream of becoming a rock'n'roll stoner. He ends up getting Jenna high on some godly drugs, and she OD's, after not responding even to Mia's healing powers.

Isaac eventually forgives the Wise One for killing the love of his life, and continues trying to save the Wise One from the person who is targeting him with absolute hatred. His boneheaded best friend Garet and the always sympathetic Ivan stick by Isaac, but the other, less-heroic (and common-sensical) protagonists think, "The Wise One tried to kill your girlfriend's parents, and now he actually killed her. He's evil, and you're...not very clever." Then they move away and pursue their own paths.

Losing faith in herself after not being able to save Jenna from OD'ing, Mia moves to a cave in the Imilian corner of Weyard, relegates herself to the Hermit class for life, gives her kids to Kraden to raise (their real father abandoned the family earlier in life), and boozes on the only thing that can numb her pain, the Water of Hermes.

As above, Felix and Sheba search for, and find, her homeland - Tuaparang, where she was heir to the throne before being pushed off an airship as a child by someone who coveted her position. The two, madly in love, marry, and go skydiving on their honeymoon. Just skydiving. Nothing else. Without the Wise One around to watch her back though, Sheba's luck eventually runs out, she jumps off one too many things, and dies. So tragic. By Tuaparang law, Felix becomes the Empyror. He strikes a deal with Alex, helping him act out his revenge on the Wise One, in exchange for Alex's word that he'll use his uber Alchemical powers to bring Sheba back to life. And maybe his sister Jenna. Spoiler: Alex actually can't help, and Felix and Alex are on a collision course, with Felix eventually destined to rejoin the good guys, one-upping the good-bad-good flip-flopping of Leon in FF II with the ever-classic good-bad-good-bad-good switcharoo.

Piers becomes a suave, sophisticated, womanizing pirate. He becomes kind of a creepy old man, but in disguise - like Kraden. [*Kushinada remarks on something that was obvious* *Kraden gives a big smile* "That's right, Kushinada. You're a smart lass."] He and Kraden have an understanding, and so Kraden allows his charge Nowell and Piers to pursue each other.

you can't disprove any of it

Fire is the silent hero

KnightOfPurgatory

Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 154 posts |
  • 27 Clan Points
Kyle(Isaac's dad) in the past.