9 replies to this topic

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,251 posts |
  • 169 Clan Points

Heyyyyy, so we have a prompt to run with. Let's see what we can churn out in a week or so! We've won these worldbuilding contests before when we've been given ample time to work, so let's do this. u.u

Prompt:

All structures across Weyard were reduced to rubble - or less. Glaciers melted, submerging all but the mainland. Most people’s bodies couldn’t handle the raw energy, and perished; entire populations have been decimated. Social and political structures dissolved. Everyone who managed to survive found themselves able to wield Psynergy, and those who were Adepts before had their abilities strengthened - some even found a second element at their command. Three months after this event survivors have termed the Golden Apocalypse, four groups have begun to emerge from the chaos...

*Each clan has just one main settlement

*The state of technology at the time of the Golden Apocalypse was similar to that seen in Camelot's The Lost Age world.

*This is the World Map:
Spoiler

Saturday, January 7th, 11:59pm EST is the submission deadline for a post that paints an initial picture of each clan’s Territory, Power Structure, and Culture.

Currently, I'm thinking that since wind adepts are already rare, we'll probably have a very small clan... A part of me wants to go all Dark Dawn and have the clan be made up of werewolves and monks (were-monks?), but that's... that's, uh. It'd be unique at least! I'll put more work into this when I return later today.

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

"Puhi gave the people food and made the seaweed farm."

Spoiler

Wrrrtw

Horrible Person

• Ghost
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 397 posts |
  • 14 Clan Points

No Furries,  Lets go GAROH.  Lycanthrope has rooted itself in the remnants of the once great Aeolian empire or something.  It might have been what tore it apart (what with the witch hunts for monster people).

We'd have to put more of a focus on the moooooon if that's the case, because Lycanthrope

We should all hope and look towards the day where man realizes that the sounds exiting his mouth are mostly complaints and a change occurs. -Chivelle

http://wrrrtw.tumblr.com

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,251 posts |
  • 169 Clan Points

I don't think World 3 has anything to do with Aeolia or the previous worldbuilding projects... This one seems directly rooted in the GS/TLA world specifically. But yeah, glad to see another person likes the idea of lycanthrope being a thing. :3c

That would mean the culture is exclusionary to a degree. But the bonds are tight, and the werewolf community in particular would be family-oriented. Compared to other potential Jupiter adept communities, this one would be organized fastest because I would imagine werewolves being able to communicate across long distances through howling. But the state of their culture... What their culture even is... That's something I'm still wondering about.

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

Spoiler

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,074 posts |
  • 381 Clan Points

Wrrrtw, on 31 December 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

Lycanthrope has rooted itself in the remnants of the once great Aeolian empire or something.  It might have been what tore it apart (what with the witch hunts for monster people).

Patsy Dragon, on 31 December 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

I don't think World 3 has anything to do with Aeolia or the previous worldbuilding projects... This one seems directly rooted in the GS/TLA world specifically.
While certain ideas/themes can certainly be carried over between worlds, none of the four nations have actually existed yet in World 3. I would presume the clans themselves did exist though, similar to the very loosely organized entities we see in the GBA games, so there is the potential to draw a history of some distinct groups within Jupiter Clan, some of which might have been at odds with each other. Note, however, that you are not really bound to the specific historical details of Camelot's GS/TLA world, beyond the facts that Alchemy, Psynergy and the four Clans and Lighthouses existed, the Golden Sun occurred, and that the state of technology at the time of that event was similar to that seen in TLA.

I'm digging the lycanthropic angle.

View PostGalactaRay, on 13 August 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

Fire is the silent hero

Recipient of Posted Image

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,319 posts |
  • 119 Clan Points

I'll just go ahead and help this for now as I think giving some motivation and ideas might help this.

While I don't think Jupiter adepts are rare now I'd say pure Jupiter adepts are rare, going of your idea most people have been turned into Beastmen/Were wolfs. Maybe you'd have several different nomadic tribes roaming around the rough area around your town. Nomadic as animals usually roam around and don't really stay in one place, and the Jupiter element does keep changing and running like that wind :P. As we need a town maybe have some hub in central in which tribes converse and trade resources before roaming again.  Of course you don't need to like this nomadic idea.

Power structure would be the same as the one we saw in Garoh so an elder that finds decisions right for the community. Each different tribe would also have an elder that just solves smaller disputes.

So what do you say to these ideas? I can't see any Aeolia private things so I can't see all the idea but here are just some basic ones to get going.
Posted Image

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,074 posts |
  • 381 Clan Points

Patsy Dragon, on 31 December 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

Currently, I'm thinking that since wind adepts are already rare
Maybe I'm forgetting something from the games, but where does this oft-cited idea come from? I can think of more Jupiter Adepts from the games than I can Adepts of any other type. In addition to playable characters:

Jupiter: Hama, Feizhi, the baby in Contigo, Maha, the little boy werewolf, and it's strongly implied that others in Garoh have acquired Jupiter Psynergy as well.
Mercury: Alex, Nowell, Justin, Meagan (and iirc, it's at least implied that Mercury Clan is quite small)
Mars: Saturos, Menardi, Karst, Agatio. It might be implied at some point in Prox that there are other Adepts in the town but I don't recall any specific types being mentioned.
Earth: Nobody I can remember.

GalactaRay, on 10 January 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Maybe you'd have several different nomadic tribes roaming around the rough area around your town.
So, I guess what I said in the prompt was "one settlement", but what I'd basically had in mind was "one main group of people". In any event, this suggestion might be plausible, and may not have any major negative effects on the worldbuilding, but it should be kept in mind that the other clans have agreed to total populations of roughly 75-80, so "several tribes" plus a town might be a bit of a stretch. Maybe "tribe" just implies to me a greater number of people than what you're thinking though.

Fire is the silent hero

KnightOfPurgatory

Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 154 posts |
  • 27 Clan Points
Iirc Dark dawn mentioned it.

I'm thinking that its Jupiter Clan adepts that were rare. Like, non Garoh/Morgal jupiter adepts.

Also, everyone in Vale is either Mars or Venus adepts.

You're also forgetting the Lemurians, who are all water adepts, and Babi is technically one as well.

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,251 posts |
  • 169 Clan Points

So looks like we couldn't get this in on time for the contest, but I'm oddly not too sad about it. It was too close to some things, and I was in a bad mental state to pull everything together by the deadline. Ah, well. I got the weekend ahead of me to work on this, even if no one else cares now. 8') Just been working on school stuff the past week or so. That's why I haven't been around.

And yes, Loyola, Knight is... right? lol.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Ignatius

High Judge

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,074 posts |
  • 381 Clan Points

KnightOfPurgatory, on 11 January 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

I'm thinking that its Jupiter Clan adepts that were rare. Like, non Garoh/Morgal jupiter adepts.
Hm, I might have to reread/replay some stuff, because I don't remember there really being a huge difference between being an X Adept and part of X Clan...

KnightOfPurgatory, on 11 January 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Also, everyone in Vale is either Mars or Venus adepts.

You're also forgetting the Lemurians, who are all water adepts, and Babi is technically one as well.
Ah, I did forget Piers mentioning that everyone in Lemuria was an Adept to some degree. But do we have any evidence for everyone in Vale being a Venus or Mars Adept, apart from the fact that all seven inhabitants whose elemental affinities we know corresponded to those two (keeping in mind that all those people were a part of just three of Vale's families, too - inheritance could have played a role in them being split between only two elements)? And while we know Babi was an Adept to some degree, was it ever actually mentioned what element he was able to control? To my recollection, one does not have to be a Mercury Adept in order to use a Black Orb, or a Lemurian ship. The antagonists' Lemurian ship in the GBA games was referred to as "Menardi's ship" on at least one occasion, I believe. That would seem rather odd if she wasn't able to pilot it.

Patsy Dragon, on 13 January 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

I got the weekend ahead of me to work on this, even if no one else cares now. 8')
I care, and I'm pretty sure others do, too, so keep at it. ^^

Fire is the silent hero

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,251 posts |
  • 169 Clan Points

Note that this is /my/ draft that I'll expand later. I'm restricted on time right now, but I at least want something down. It wasn't done in collaboration with my clanmates. There is no set name for this particular group, but they have more than one.

Territory
  • As hunter-gatherers, the clan relies on foraging wild plants and pursuing wild animals to survive.
  • The clan is nomadic, using impermanent materials for shelter or natural caves for protection. There are a few semi-permanent locations that the clan uses when in the area.
  • Most of the community members had been pastoralists or agriculturalists before the Golden Sun event.
  • Because of their lifestyle, they travel across a vast amount of territory. But they tend to stay in weather that is temperate or Mediterranean, similar to their lives before. Forested or sheltered areas have been preferred lately due to their monthly transformations.
  • Some structures from their village still exist. But the land around it has been devastated with no recovery in sight. Animals have been largely absent.
Power Structure
  • There are around 50 members of the clan, most of them adults or young adults.
  • Their economy is based on mutual exchange of resources.
  • There is a community of members within the clan who take leadership depending on the situation, but overall, there is no single figurehead. Decisions are made largely on consensus between these surviving leaders as of now, but there are calls for something more formalized.
Culture
  • The clan is socially egalitarian, with no differences in power based on gender.
  • There is a great emphasis on oral storytelling. The stories are mostly histories and myths that have been passed down from even before the Golden Sun event. These stories serve to inspire the audience to act and outperform the generation before. This is also a form of genealogy, where clan members can trace their ancestry to various characters.
  • Every full moon, all of the clan members transform into werewolves. No one is sure why they experience this transformation. But, regardless, this has become a part of their lives. Some experience great fear, dreading the full moon. A few embrace their new forms as a means to gain power and freedom, even a kind of camaraderie.
  • Everyone is a Jupiter adept to varying degrees. But all of the clan members have had no powers before the Golden Sun experience, and are generally inexperienced in how to control them. A few individuals have begun exploring their powers more in-depth. There are a handful of individuals in the clan who can manipulate another element alongside wind, but they aren't completely aware of this duality yet.

Posted Image

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users