Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,871 posts |
  • 71 Clan Points

Hello, fellow Tellurians.

So the Golden Sun went nuts and now Weyard is a wreck. But that's okay, because we're still alive and we can use our new abilities to thrive.

I made a post in another inter-clan thread that our clan would settle in the valley of the reverse C shaped mountain range near the south west bend in the continent.
Spoiler

We've been given a rather bare slate as far as guidelines go; tech is at GS:TLA levels, and all previous civilization has been destroyed. (At least, as far as towns go.)

As a note, I'm using a character other than Silean for my RP in this world, if that ever happens. I'll be using Noelle Steiger, a water adept who, in W3, has developed a second affinity, Venus. She has been practicing and using both in unison, and can now form a mud/brick style adobe house (housing 4, one story) in less than a week. Her old mercenary company survived the cataclysm, and now lead the town defense.

Further details on Noelle can be read here: http://www.gs-adepts...noelle-steiger/

I believe one of our new members posted a town layout in the discord server, and it was a solid layout that could feasibly exist in W3, if we provide a decent explanation for the larger buildings. (If someone could link that, I'd be grateful.)
Posted Image

@UmbrAndrew for twitter, follow me for no reason.

Spoiler

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,871 posts |
  • 71 Clan Points

alright, just making a quick post here to get discussion moving.

first off, updated Noelle's look since the last one I did was pretty bad

Spoiler

Now then, KOP and I have agreed that our little town will be at the very end of the mountain range in the center of the continent, along the banks of the river.

Haven't decided on a town name yet, so suggestions are welcome

KOP is also working on a town layout for us using an image editor to create a custom image in the style of the old GBA games. (this has been used on other GS forums, iirc.) So shoutout to KOP for that.

Right now, the rest of us can focus on cultural stuff. I'm kinda thinking a mix of Naribwe, Madra, and mixed with a few refugees from Contigo that managed to escape. That might result in a small population, with roughly 75 people max, and a 30%/60%/10% mix, respectively. This would result in a few possible points of contention between our people, though they all fully know that they need to work together to survive.

Venus and Mercury adepts are given farming work, putting the fertile lands near the river to work. Everyone else is set to either help farm, guard the town, or go hunting in the forests to the north.

Our culture is a mixed bag, and it's still a bit soon after the Event to have official festivals, but we have celebrated a harvest so far, which people seem to enjoy. This will continue.

Of note: the ruins of Gabomba can be seen on the other side of the northern forest. We do not yet have plans for an expedition, but that could be a fun thing to develop or RP in the future.
Posted Image

Spoiler

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,306 posts |
  • 115 Clan Points

I'm too busy with Samudra world 3 but just asking would there be a way to develop Tolbi and possibly have some interesting interaction between the rich and the poor now they're equal footing. There might be some usage of potions as Tolbi was researching that part.

EDIT: talked with KoP about this so it boils down to are you using Tolbi people or not?
Posted Image
A bunch of quotes below.
Spoiler
Spoiler

KnightOfPurgatory

Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 154 posts |
  • 26 Clan Points

POPULAR

Here's my current progress. The first screen is done.

Posted Image

Expect more soon

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,871 posts |
  • 71 Clan Points

View PostGalactaRay, on 04 January 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

I'm too busy with Samudra world 3 but just asking would there be a way to develop Tolbi and possibly have some interesting interaction between the rich and the poor now they're equal footing. There might be some usage of potions as Tolbi was researching that part.

EDIT: talked with KoP about this so it boils down to are you using Tolbi people or not?

we certainly can. I can cut the Madra percentage , make them 20%, and give the Tolbi group 40%, since they'd be closer anyway
Posted Image

Spoiler

Shadowfyst997

Swordsman

• Golden Sunrise Ambassador
    Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 93 posts |
  • 20 Clan Points
Also, what about the dwarves? Everyone forgets the Dwarves, but they exist in that region too. Plus, hidden lore in the games suggest that the dwarves of Loho came from near Prox, from a larger settlement. Dwarves have always been distinctly Venus in my eyes. Maybe we can have some of them too?

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,871 posts |
  • 71 Clan Points

we're turning into a proper melting pot. I can cut Tolbi, give the dwarves a total 15%, to reflect that the region isn't highly populated with them, but they're there
Posted Image

Spoiler

KnightOfPurgatory

Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 154 posts |
  • 26 Clan Points
Update on screen 2.
Posted Image

Mind you, its not done yet.

Tawny779

Official Refuge Lurker/TCG Whiz

• Centurion
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 696 posts |
  • 32 Clan Points

it's not done, but it looks like it's coming along great :o
Pokemon Showdown: Tawn
League of Legends: Tawny779 (NA)
Battle.Net: Tawny779#1879
Steam: Tawny779
Nintendo Friend Code: 1135-1686-4113
hit me up on any of the above!

Current Trading Card Game addiction:
Cardfight!! Vanguard

join the Official GSAR Discord! or My Personal Discord I use for gaming with people outside the GSAR community

View PostKirigishi, on 05 January 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Welcome to the Refuge, where nothing is ever normal.

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,871 posts |
  • 71 Clan Points

yeah KOP showed me more polished versions of both screens earlier, and they look great. I'll let him do the reveal on those when he wants to though

Back to the discussion of the clan itself, I'm thinking some kind of African-like Naribwe based culture. We likely are still to young of a group to have society-wide events, but each of the refugee groups would have festivals or events of their own.

The easy one that most groups would have is a harvest festival. Hard to imagine a group not having one of these, so that'll be the big unifying event of the year.

Other stuff could include a mining event to show off the year's biggest finds, or a special celebration for a birth of a child

Potential problems our group faces are of course the usual cultural problems mixing pots bring, as well as food shortages and monster attacks, like in an apocalypse.

I think I've settled on Genterra as the name, a fusion of Genesis and Terra. (alternative suggestions are welcome still)
Posted Image

Spoiler

KnightOfPurgatory

Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 154 posts |
  • 26 Clan Points

POPULAR

Oh right, I should post those here, sorry i forgot.
Screen 1:
Spoiler
Screen 2:
Spoiler

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,871 posts |
  • 71 Clan Points

alright, so power structure is the last thing we're dealing with this phase.

I'm entertaining the thought of a tribal council, where each major demographic selects one person to sit on a council and decide Genterra's laws and future. The council consists of 5 representative members; Naribwe, Madra, Contigo, Tolbi, and the dwarves. Getting a majority vote is what makes a proposal into a law, but if the vote is not unanimous, the law can be revisited in a year's time to re-vote. If the law still has majority, it becomes law permanently. If not, the law is repealed.

The council also governs military and food distribution. Of our ~75 people, about 15-20 are active defenders, dedicated to keeping out monsters, defending the farms near the river, and watching for threats or refugees looking for a refuge. The military primarily consists of Mars and Jupiter adepts.

Our agriculture has been outlined above, but consists of Venus and Mercury adepts, who combine their abilities to grow more food than they could have before the GS event. This group consists of 45 people.

The rest of the group, about 20, is artisans and children; the artisans build buildings, plan Genterra's defenses, layout, and growth, and watch over the children if they are too young to assist in the day to day operations of Genterra. A few artisans also produce clothing and other useful things, like tools and weapons.
Posted Image

Spoiler

Ryu Gaia

Spaceman

• Administrator
    Rocket Alchemist
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 1,058 posts |
  • 6 Clan Points

Somewhere in the mix of all of this, Ryu Gaia runs a banana stand
In space, the stars are paved with gold.
Posted Image

No, really, who is Ryu Gaia?

Will anybody tell me?

Does anybody know?

Signature from when I was in Mercury below:
Spoiler

Tawny779

Official Refuge Lurker/TCG Whiz

• Centurion
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 696 posts |
  • 32 Clan Points

since it's World 3, maybe we should mi it up a bit...Ryu is now missing his right sock instead of his left
Pokemon Showdown: Tawn
League of Legends: Tawny779 (NA)
Battle.Net: Tawny779#1879
Steam: Tawny779
Nintendo Friend Code: 1135-1686-4113
hit me up on any of the above!

Current Trading Card Game addiction:
Cardfight!! Vanguard

join the Official GSAR Discord! or My Personal Discord I use for gaming with people outside the GSAR community

View PostKirigishi, on 05 January 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Welcome to the Refuge, where nothing is ever normal.

Ignatius

Realist

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 2,929 posts |
  • 336 Clan Points

View PostShadowfyst997, on 04 January 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Also, what about the dwarves? Everyone forgets the Dwarves, but they exist in that region too. Plus, hidden lore in the games suggest that the dwarves of Loho came from near Prox, from a larger settlement. Dwarves have always been distinctly Venus in my eyes. Maybe we can have some of them too?
Oh, I missed this in my previous read. The Draconian submission for Event 1 basically said all the survivors of Loho ended up in Destinus. We could invent another dwarven settlement near Loho and have their survivors go to the new Venus settlement, or we can say the Lohoan survivors split up and went two different directions. Either way, this provides the possibility of some interesting interaction between some sub-cultures of our two groups at some point. If we decide on two different settlements, perhaps they're two groups of dwarves who aren't particularly fond of each other?

View PostUmbra_Clan, on 07 January 2017 - 04:35 AM, said:

I think I've settled on Genterra as the name, a fusion of Genesis and Terra. (alternative suggestions are welcome still)
Memeterra.

you know you want to

Genterra sounds like a good name!

View PostUmbra_Clan, on 08 January 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

I'm entertaining the thought of a tribal council, where each major demographic selects one person to sit on a council and decide Genterra's laws and future. The council consists of 5 representative members; Naribwe, Madra, Contigo, Tolbi, and the dwarves. Getting a majority vote is what makes a proposal into a law, but if the vote is not unanimous, the law can be revisited in a year's time to re-vote. If the law still has majority, it becomes law permanently. If not, the law is repealed.
I think you're working now with 30/20/25/10/15 splits in terms of demographics, so one representative per demographic is a little ways off of proportional representation - if any two of the three most populous groups backs something, that'd be a majority of the population, but their proposals could still get outvoted. Maybe give the Naribweans and Tolbians an extra council member each, to bring representation from 20% for each group to ~28/14/28/14/14? Or, you could maybe use this disproportionality to build story potential - cause some friction between the more populous subgroups and the lesser populous ones, when the less-populous ones vote down proposals that actually have the backing of most settlers.

The rule for a one-year wait to revisit a non-unanimous decision, and having a system for creating 'permanent laws', while relatively minor details, seem out of place to me in this context. For such a small, new community, and a community that has so much unknown on their doorstep, to have such rigidity in their rules at this point (especially rules that plan around a timeline that exceeds the length of existence of the settlement they guide) seems odd.

View PostDeltan the Dramatic, on 02 July 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

Merc, Ignatius [...] these two are roughly equivalent to Exodia the Forbidden one.

Recipient of Posted Image

KnightOfPurgatory

Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 154 posts |
  • 26 Clan Points
If anyone's interested, here's the current progress on it. Its mostly just merging of screens 2 and 3, but there is a farm in the works

Spoiler

Made a slightly better version:
Spoiler

Edited by KnightOfPurgatory, 16 January 2017 - 12:07 PM.

Ignatius

Realist

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 2,929 posts |
  • 336 Clan Points

Why haven't Genterrans opened the chest yet?

Merc, Ignatius [...] these two are roughly equivalent to Exodia the Forbidden one.

KnightOfPurgatory

Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 154 posts |
  • 26 Clan Points
Its top secret. If you want to know something cool, there's an item in one of the Troughs too.

Ignatius

Realist

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 2,929 posts |
  • 336 Clan Points

View PostKnightOfPurgatory, on 17 January 2017 - 03:09 AM, said:

Its top secret. If you want to know something cool, there's an item in one of the Troughs too.
Sheep Manure?

Consumable item; casts Avoid.

KnightOfPurgatory

Knight

• Legionary
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 154 posts |
  • 26 Clan Points
Its actually a water of life, but sheep poo sounds neat too.
Anyway:
Spoiler

The first 3 screens are just about finished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users