Ultimate Maximum Best

• Golden Sunrise Ambassador
    Helion Troop
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 616 posts |
  • 24 Clan Points
Posted Image
One tiny moment, a hundred smoking revolvers.

In the Wild West, a bandit with no gun is already dead, a bandit who draws slow is already dead, a bandit who hesitates is already dead. To make it in this world you've gotta be fast and fearless. You've lived your life so far free of convictions, you make your dues anyway you need to, you ally with those who have proven themselves not to someday double-cross you. You're a lawless criminal but only if they catch you! Today a congregation of bandits, all just like you, have gathered in a saloon, hopefully to later walk out the door as a new gang. You drink and let loose, you make many close friends over stories of holdups and bank robberies all over the West.

Suddenly a short man slams though the swing doors, you remember earlier seeing him get told to stay outside and tend to the several dozen horses, he shouts "The sheriffs are coming! The sheriffs are coming!", and he runs back outside and high-tails it into the desert. Somebody in this saloon ratted you all out, and nobody is gonna own up to it. In an instant, hundreds of guns are drawn... the question is: who are yours aimed at?

Welcome to Mexican Standoff, a game where everyone will probably lose, and if anyone actually survives, they won't next time... In this game you have two guns, each has one bullet in it. You can aim and fire at two different people who are playing (You will send me their names in a PM, when the game commences), whoever you aim at is guaranteed to be shot - You cannot miss. Your shots also hit even if you yourself get shot. All you have to do is choose the two people to shoot at, and let Lady Luck do the rest. Typically nobody wins this game, but sometimes one person does miraculously make it out alive. It's also possible for two people to make it out alive, in which case they both make the right decision and run for their lives. If more than two people survive a shootout, they continue on into the next round of shots (You also realise you have more than one bullet in your gun at this point). If there are three people, players only have one bullet to fire. Any more than three and it goes back to two bullets.

tl;dr you will have two shots to fire at two other players, whoever survives the shootout wins!

This game is a little special however, in that I have posted this exact thread on two other forums, and anyone who joins the game there will also be joined here. In other words, the list of players will be comprised of people from all three forums! Will you focus down the other forums? Or will you sneakily double cross your own forum's members? The win doesn't go to a forum, so bear that in mind.

Please post in this thread to state that you would like to play! Oh and one more thing, please don't join the game on more than one forum, that's just silly and unfair.

Entrants (From this forum):
Insignificant Organism
Ignatius
Kirigishi
GalactaRay

Edited by Alternate Dimension Catman, 29 July 2017 - 10:26 AM.

In this life I have lived...

Posted Image

...I have not a single regret!

Insignificant Organism

i forget entirely

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 164 posts |
  • 2 Clan Points
Posted Image

Hmph! You feelin... lucky!?
Posted Image

Ignatius

Realist

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,009 posts |
  • 347 Clan Points

Nope. Are you?

*points a pistol at IO*

View PostDeltan the Dramatic, on 02 July 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

Merc, Ignatius [...] these two are roughly equivalent to Exodia the Forbidden one.

Recipient of Posted Image

Kirigishi

Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,399 posts |
  • 276 Clan Points

I'll just take up my position here in the shady corner.

Tawny779 said:

you come for the Golden Sun. You stay for the crazy <3

Misery said:

Common sense is the most uncommon of the senses.

Dave: I'm becoming a doctor.
Dave: I like people
Dave: ...when they're unconscious

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,314 posts |
  • 115 Clan Points

Interesting, sign me up.
Posted Image
A bunch of quotes below.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Alternate Dimension Catman

Ultimate Maximum Best

Helion Troop
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 616 posts |
  • 24 Clan Points
Alright, over 36 hours have passed it's go time now.

To play, simply PM me with the names of the two players you would like to shoot at. You cannot shoot the same person twice, nor someone who isn't playing. Anyone who doesn't send me their targets by the time I start to tally shots fired will strangely be killed by spaghetti western comedy means.

Here is the list of players:
Delfes
Hinoa
Saucy Goblin
Jenna
Clawford
GalactaRay
134543216789109876 (AKA Numbers)
UltaFlame
Miva
Insignificant Organism
Ashtoro
Kirigishi
Nedben
Shadowfyst997
Ignatius
Tichondrian
Crystallux

Good luck!

Posted Image

Alternate Dimension Catman

Ultimate Maximum Best

Helion Troop
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 616 posts |
  • 24 Clan Points

POPULAR

The dust settles, the smoke clears, the now leaking barrels run dry... who survived?

Taking the most shots at six, was Numbers, who clearly wasn't appreciated for his ability to endlessly speak gibberish that usually wasn't related to conversation.
Next was Ignatius, who took four shots, perhaps his strange knowledge on the law was seen as bothersome to some of the other bandits?
UltaFlame, Insignificant Organism and Shadowfyst997 weren't so popular either, taking three shots each.
Hinoa, Saucy Goblin, Nedben and Crystalux took two shots each.
Jenna, Clawford, GalactaRay, Miva, Ashtoro, Kirigishi and Tichondrian all took just one angry shot each.

Standing against a wall in the corner is Delfes, who very miraculously wasn't shot by any of the 34 bullets that were fired! Congratulations! Now you better run before the sheriffs turn up!

Wow, even with so many players we came to a single winner! Every player got their shots in. The last three player's choices were very crucial in deciding the result...

GalactaRay who was the last to respond, took out Tichondrian. Ashtoro who was second last to respond took out GalactaRay. And finally Clawford who was third from last to respond took out Miva!

Any one of those players could have entered a two player win with Delfes... or perhaps a second round which might have resulted in a different winner, or no winner at all!

Posted Image

Ignatius

Realist

• Administrator
    High Judge
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 3,009 posts |
  • 347 Clan Points

Haha, excellent. Thanks for hosting, Catman!

View PostDeltan the Dramatic, on 02 July 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

Merc, Ignatius [...] these two are roughly equivalent to Exodia the Forbidden one.

Recipient of Posted Image

Insignificant Organism

i forget entirely

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 164 posts |
  • 2 Clan Points
guess i was more significant than i thought
Posted Image

Kirigishi

Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,399 posts |
  • 276 Clan Points

dangit, I was so close to living.

That was a fun game, especially considering how simple it was. Thanks for hosting, Catman!

Tawny779 said:

you come for the Golden Sun. You stay for the crazy <3

Misery said:

Common sense is the most uncommon of the senses.

Dave: I'm becoming a doctor.
Dave: I like people
Dave: ...when they're unconscious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users