56 replies to this topic

Mellow

Warrior

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 227 posts |
  • 20 Clan Points
This way we can get some discussion on television shows that aren't anime.

Personally speaking, lots of comedy. Desperate Housewives, How I Met Your Mother, The Middle, Modern Family, No Ordinary Family, Big Bang Theory... doubtless more, but eh, I'm drawing a blank. So... get going people. :)
Official Mellow Djinn of the Mercury Clan Posted Image

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,765 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

Only really keeping up with House, The Event, Fringe (hell yeah), Sanctuary (started off meh, but it picked up in the second season and the third is starting to get very good) and Smallville.

I started watching No Ordinary Family, but it's extremely cliched and seems like a dumbed down Heroes ripoff... might give it another chance though.

Mellow

Warrior

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 227 posts |
  • 20 Clan Points
I think it has potential, but it needs time to grow.

Ah, Smallville and Supernatural, knew I was forgetting something.
Official Mellow Djinn of the Mercury Clan Posted Image

Shiun Enshidia

Knight

• Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 114 posts |
I was obsessed with this Australian soap opera called 'Neighbours'...but I've gone right off it this year.
I like to watch a lot of British comedy, but at the moment I'm loving 'The Big Bang Theory'. It takes a while, but it does grow on you. I also watch a bit of 'How I Met your Mother' (not regulary) and stuff like that.
Thanks to a friend of mine, I'm back on 'Survivior'. He's pretty into it and as such it's rubbed off on me.
My favourite show at the moment would be 'Embarassing Bodies'. It's a British Medical show about people with strange illnesses. What I love about it is just the British accents and the weird and whacky things they have. I can't stomach surgery like I used to be able to though.

The Blackfooted Eel

Resident Creeping Eel

• Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 591 posts |
I'm afraid I don't follow too any sitcoms or "reality" dramas. Just not my thing. The only tv shows that I regularly watch are NCIS, Whose Line is It Anyway?, (at least I did until they stopped airing reruns.  :( ) Mythbusters, and the new Hawaii Five-O. Aside from those, I honestly prefer video games, books and movies.
Eels are pretty badass. Yet you dont hear about them as much as other aquatic carnivores like sharks or piranhas. Do you know why? Its because they pity us lesser beings. They are merely waiting until they get bored. And they will come. For all of us. Yes, that includes you.

Strata

Knight

• Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 160 posts |
Oh man, I've been watching soooo much TV at work on netflix that my boss actually talked to me about it. <_<

Off the top of my head, I've watched all of Battlestar Galatica, 30 Rock, and Lost. Then I'm still half way through Prison Break and Psych.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Etaroko

Warrior

• Members
  • 249 posts |
Loved Lost.  =[

But now I watch the Office and Glee.  I'm pretty consistent about it.
Posted Image

Shonic

Native Windian

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 812 posts |
  • 8 Clan Points
Don't watch much TV tbh, but I am into two shows...
Doctor Who(inb4WHYISAMERICAWATCHINGTHAT) and Chuck

Lightseer

Apeiron Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Second-in-Command
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 813 posts |
  • 8 Clan Points

Hmm. I don't watch a lot of TV really.

But I guess that I follow How I Met Your Mother and Glee. The Office sometimes? If it's running a marathon, sometimes I end up watching Criminal Minds. I keep wanting to watch Big Bang Theory, but I have trouble keeping up with it. Same goes for House.

I may continue watching Project Runway, but I didn't like when Gretchen won and have lost a lot of faith in that show. I wanted Mondo to win, although honestly either of the other two would have been fine with me.

My family has been watching Survivor since the first season. They also watch The Amazing Race. I sometimes watch those shows if I am at home when they are on.

I am sort of familiar with Doctor Who.

Galeron

Warrior

• Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 209 posts |
Chuck, Dr. Who, Firefly (always good), NCIS, and any other crime shows i can get my hands on if it's on dvr.
Webcomics are my thing.
Posted Image

King Elizabeth

‽‽‽‽‽

• Members
  • 1,494 posts |

The news.

And 90210 seldomly.

[tumblr.] [deviantART] [last.fm]
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Posted Image

:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Vash

Squire

• Members
  • 29 posts |
I've been watching quite a few Adult Swim shows like Metalocalypse and The Venture Bros. Been trying to watch Battlestar Galactica on Netflix, but it's a bit slow on the computer. Same for The Legend of the Seeker.

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,274 posts |
  • 22 Clan Points
Well I only have StarWorld and AXN.
How I Met Your Mother is on and off. Have watched alot of Gary Unmarried, Hawii Five-0, Junior Masterchef Australia, and TopChef. Wipe out?

Posted Image

The Blackfooted Eel

Resident Creeping Eel

• Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 591 posts |
DOCTOR WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I actually don't follow the show religiously, but I do still love it. I've also started watching Drew Carey's Improvaganza, which is kind of like a reboot of Whose Line. There are some differences (and I do still watch the Whose Line reruns) but its surprisingly good.
Eels are pretty badass. Yet you dont hear about them as much as other aquatic carnivores like sharks or piranhas. Do you know why? Its because they pity us lesser beings. They are merely waiting until they get bored. And they will come. For all of us. Yes, that includes you.

Shonic

Native Windian

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 812 posts |
  • 8 Clan Points
HURRAY FOR DOCTOR WHO VIEWERS!

Sid

Sentinel of the Citadel

• Flowing Rook
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 1,274 posts |
  • 22 Clan Points
Posted Image

Zoboomafoo!

Posted Image

Chrono

• Members
  • 5 posts |
Posted Image
Its the only show worth watching nowadays.

Seriously, everything about it is amazing! Voice acting, animation, writing, EVERYTHING

King Elizabeth

‽‽‽‽‽

• Members
  • 1,494 posts |

WHAT TIME IS IT?

IT'S ADVENTURE TIME!

[tumblr.] [deviantART] [last.fm]

Posted Image

Satabi

Knight

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 131 posts |

View PostChrono, on 15 January 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Posted Image
Its the only show worth watching nowadays.

Seriously, everything about it is amazing! Voice acting, animation, writing, EVERYTHING
Eeyup.

Other M

Autopromotion

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 670 posts |
  • 19 Clan Points
I don't get those tomfooleries

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users