Shipping

• You cannot reply to this topic
136 replies to this topic

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    The ultimate champion of being someone who has something to say that is worth listening to!
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,265 posts |
  • 179 Clan Points

Hehe, yeah. It's nice to have that in the GS fandom, although I've seen some interpretations in the fandom that don't make much sense when you look at the facts in the game and the context of the fanfic or whatever. As long as there's some good logic, I can at least acknowledge it's existence. xD

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

"Puhi gave the people food and made the seaweed farm."

Spoiler

Rolina

Between-Contracts Witch

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,815 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
...This is Golden Sun we're talking about.  It's not like we have a lot of evidence for most things that go on in the fandom.  Mudshipping, anyone?  It was basically "Main Character with Only Girl"

Hell, even most of the perceived personalities of the characters are fan-made.  Garet as an idiot comes to mind.
Empty until I find something new to do with this space.

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    The ultimate champion of being someone who has something to say that is worth listening to!
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,265 posts |
  • 179 Clan Points

There isn't, but there's still information to work with, especially if you're like me. I loved mind reading EVERYBODY.

Don't get me started with the "Garet as an idiot" trope. I don't like seeing it in fanfiction. =.=

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

Spoiler

Rolina

Between-Contracts Witch

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,815 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
Some, but not much.  Remember, characterization is one of GS's greatest weaknesses as a series.  That's why we fans have tried so much to fill in the gaps.

Another example - Eoleo being the big brother type to Himi.  Absolutely no evidence of that in game.  Hell, they're both gotten near the game's end, which is likely why they're paired together - not romantically, but as "sort of siblings".

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,265 posts |
  • 179 Clan Points

It is, but it should still have a basis in what actually exists in the games. Speculation is believable to a point.

My opinion on Eoleo and Himi: Eh. I don't really see how this would work. Been a while since I've played DD though, so I don't recall any of their interactions, if they had any that told of something deeper.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Adrea

Ninja-Maid of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 151 posts |
At the end of the goldensunwiki.net there are quotes at the end of the pages for each of the characters, at least the major ones, Eoleo's personality is actually pretty amusing (at least to me) though he is cynical; realistic considering he is a pirate and he lost a loved one. Himi seems more of a MacGuffin than anything else. I think that she may have just been a convenient way to introduce Takeru in a later game,

Note: For anyone reading this who hasn't finiished the game, are spoilers on these pages, but I have only linked to the quotes, though they still give a bit of the game away.

Posted Image

Mara

• Members
  • 1 posts |
My favorite shipping's definitely Spiritshipping! :D
Sveta and Matt are just too cute together <33

I also really like Valeshipping and I love Truthshipping *-*

Swordmaster

Impulse Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,671 posts |
  • 3 Clan Points

View PostMara, on 29 March 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

My favorite shipping's definitely Spiritshipping! :D
Sveta and Matt are just too cute together <33

I also really like Valeshipping and I love Truthshipping *-*

Awesomeness! I definitely support Spiritshipping and Valeshipping. Valeshipping for Canon =D

But... what's Truthshipping, again?
Spoiler

Merc

lurky

• Emperor
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,435 posts |
  • 29 Clan Points

Alex and Veriti (Amiti's mother)

Personally, I like Mudshipping, Flameshipping, Lighthouseshipping, Spiritshipping, and Stormshipping.

[4/17/15,10:18:15 PM] Zack: breathe in
[4/17/15,10:18:21PM] Merc: Merc breathes in
[4/17/15,10:18:32 PM] Zack: and maybe out if you want

Swordmaster

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,671 posts |
  • 3 Clan Points
orz...

I forget half of these shippings... maybe we need a post to go over all these different couples...
Spoiler

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,265 posts |
  • 179 Clan Points

What makes you like mudshipping? I'm curious. I don't like the ship, but I won't pick at you for it. ^^;

Edit for Squishy:

http://goldensunwiki.net/Shipping

Gotta love the rampant shipping...

Posted Image

Spoiler

Swordmaster

• Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,671 posts |
  • 3 Clan Points
NOTHING SUPPORTS MUDSHIPPING.

*rants and raves off into the distance*

But, seriously, I don't see anything in the games that supports it.
Spoiler

Rolina

Between-Contracts Witch

• Scholar
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 1,815 posts |
  • 10 Clan Points
Like I said, the only thing Mudshipping was is "Only Girl + Main Character".  There is LITERALLY no support in the games at all on it.  There's more support for Steamshipping than Mudshipping, and DD effectively sunk that ship by having Tyrell and Rief be completely unrelated to one another.  Ivan x Mia is debunked as well, since Karis isn't related, Piers x Mia is debunked because Nowell got the hots for Piers, which likely wouldn't have happened if he was her papa...

I can go on about how many of these ships make no sense.  But at the same time, it's not like the golden sun fandom to care about such details...

Dracobolt

Warrior

• Temple of Kraden Ambassador
  • Members
  • 237 posts |
I don't have many DD ships, but I do support Karis/Eoleo and Tyrell/Sveta/Matthew messy love triangle.

For the first two games, I'm all about Isaac/Mia, Garet/Jenna, Ivan/Feizhi, Felix/Kay, Felix/Karst, and various crack pairings.

Patsy Dragon

Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Jupiter
  • Venus Clan
  • 8,265 posts |
  • 179 Clan Points

Tyrell and Sveta? I wonder how that'd work out... ^^; I'd call that SingedFurshipping, if it didn't have a name.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Saturos

Knight

• Temple of Kraden Ambassador
    Infernal Legionnaire
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 146 posts |
  • 9 Clan Points

I usually ship Felix/Sheba or Felix/Karst, Isaac/Jenna, and Garet/Mia in terms of the main eight. Dracobolt's Interlude made me tolerate Isaac/Mia. xP

In terms of Dark Dawn, Matt/Sveta is of course amazing and adorable, and Karis/Sveta is a great yuri ship (and Amiti/Eoleo for yaoi, just because that's a terribly harsh dynamic). In terms of others, I don't really ship Himi with anyone... but if pressed, I'd have to say Rief. And Karis/Tyrell is pretty classic.

I'm surprisingly not that crazy about Dark Dawn ships...

Mireia

• Members
  • 1 posts |
Shipping topic <3

Well, it always seemed to me that Tyrell was going out of his way to impress Sveta in the Teppe Ruins, so I could buy him having a crush on her. I do believe that Karis/Tyrell will be the canon pairing in the end.

Let me narrow down my list of favorite ships:

TBS and TLA
Felix/Sheba, Isaac/Jenna, Piers/Kraden, Mia/Iodem, Mia/Alex, Agatio/Karst, Ivan/Feizhi, Briggs/Chaucha

Dark Dawn
Matthew/Sveta, Blados+Chalis (more like friends with benefits),Tyrell/Himi, Karis/Eoleo, Rief/Eoleo (this one was inspired by a story a friend wrote), Chalis/Meisa(/Blados)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users