Misery's Content

There have been 28 items by Misery (Search limited from 15-November 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#78104 Nintendo switch

Posted by Misery on 21 October 2016 - 05:43 PM in Gaming Floor

The first question that pops up in my head is: what do developers have to do in order to make it work on both the handheld screen and the TV screen? If the answer is "nothing", I think it could be a huge success.

Also, making an advertisement where it looks like it's not something nerdy was a good choice :P

#78027 Etrian Odyssey II playthrough

Posted by Misery on 10 September 2016 - 10:49 PM in Gaming Floor

I'm sure some of you assumed this playthrough went and died (it kind of did) or at least wondered what happened. I have once again revised my plans for it, and will once again be starting over, with the following changes:
  • It will no longer be some kind of pseudo-speedrun, since that assumes everything will go smoothly (in this game, it won't). I'll take it nice and slow, and instead cut out the parts where nothing new happens.
  • Rather than using a set party, I will use all classes and level them up evenly. So if anyone else wants to be represented in guild Gieseihr or want to change classes, now is their chance!
  • I still won't comment or narrate in speech, but will be adding commentary and informative notes about what I'm doing to the video itself (like a let's play with text instead of speech).
  • I will be doing/showing all the quests and complete the game 100%. Generally, this will be a lot like a demonstration or video guide/walkthrough.
This time I will not upload anything until all the recording and editing is completely finished (when, or if this will happen only time will tell). I will also take greater advantage of the screen space in youtube's format by reducing the graphically less active bottom screen to half the size. Here's a sample image

Anyway, here's a list of all planned guild members + available portraits. Let me know if you want in, though I don't expect all slots to be filled, in which case I'll just make up names.
(spoilered because long list)
Spoiler

#77593 [Results] GSAR Member Awards 2016!

Posted by Misery on 16 August 2016 - 07:08 PM in News and Announcements

View PostKirigishi, on 16 August 2016 - 04:08 AM, said:

The winner of the GSAR Ship Award is...MiseryxLightseer! “The prophecy hath come true \o\”

I couldn't possibly have asked for a better award.
We're clearly the ultimate ship if we can beat even Ryu x Zack

#77266 A New Tale of GSAR FEEDBACK

Posted by Misery on 07 August 2016 - 10:25 AM in The Library

Caught up with this and read the whole thing, and I have to say...

Binary Spanish.

#76997 In regards to Adept's Refuge Canon - The De-Deifying of Staff

Posted by Misery on 28 July 2016 - 09:25 PM in Sol Sanctum

View PostDeltan the Dramatic, on 28 July 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

In regards to 1), this is the weird site-canon. The thing that roughly explains the ways he Adept's Refuge as a wholeee. Has Jon creating the first site being the basis of the world, more or less? 2) What we know and love was meant to refer to the culture of the site.
In that case, I don't think there's anything wrong with letting the weird site canon stay weird. I mean, it shouldn't be advertised as a draw of the site or waved in the face of members or newcomers, but it's a fun thing to have.

#76992 In regards to Adept's Refuge Canon - The De-Deifying of Staff

Posted by Misery on 28 July 2016 - 09:06 PM in Sol Sanctum

Two questions before I answer. 1: what exactly is this canon, and 2:

View PostDeltan the Dramatic, on 28 July 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

I would like to propose a divorce of these dieties from what we know and love.
What does this refer to?

#76910 Favourite Class in Golden Sun?

Posted by Misery on 28 July 2016 - 06:07 PM in Golden Sun

Hmm, I like a lot of classes, but I might give the spot to Beast Lord for flavor and versatility. White Mage and Ninja are up there.

#76904 Art stuffs Club

Posted by Misery on 28 July 2016 - 05:42 PM in Groups and Clubs

So at risk of turning this thread into my personal art dump, I'll post something I made for a thing going on over at Golden Sunrise. Incidentally, it gives a pretty good idea of the current situation on the site.

Also warning, copious amounts of demon girl booty.
Spoiler

#76899 In regards to Communication Platforms - Alternatively, why I propose Discord...

Posted by Misery on 28 July 2016 - 05:18 PM in Suggestions & Help

I've started using Discord lately anyway, so I certainly don't mind.

#75970 What Music Are You Listening To?

Posted by Misery on 14 June 2016 - 07:14 PM in Entertainment

#75842 That awkward moment when...

Posted by Misery on 04 June 2016 - 04:05 PM in General Discussion

He said "my grampa and dad are dead".
He said his grampa and dad are dead.

I think one of those is what you wanted to use. That aside, poor dad (because of his kid, not for being your teacher).

#75840 Introduction

Posted by Misery on 04 June 2016 - 03:35 PM in Entrance Hall

View PostDaevian, on 03 June 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

As long as it isn't confusing with Dave.
It is, that's the point.

Do you have a portfolio or something to showcase?
My handle on deviantart is sleepingseaweed. Here, I'll save you the trouble. I haven't uploaded anything in over two years, lately I've been mostly been doing character commissions that I haven't been too happy with. But someday I'll finish all my WIPs and make a comeback. Someday...

I bought Etryian Odyssey Untold not too long ago. I still need to find the time to play it through, but it seems like a lot of fun. Figured it was a decent entry in the series for me to start with.
Untold is the only main series entry I haven't played, so I can't really comment on it (Untold II is great though). Bear in mind that on the 3DS remakes, "Expert" difficulty is the one that corresponds the most closely to earlier titles where you couldn't choose a difficulty.

As with Skype, I'll probably wind up lurking there quite a bit; I don't like to interrupt the chat. Perhaps I'll see you there though.
You're welcome to try to interrupt, although I can't guarantee you'll succeed when some of these people get going.

#75839 Sunrise and Affiliate Banners

Posted by Misery on 04 June 2016 - 03:15 PM in Suggestions & Help

I'd say the middle djinni, but the palette looks too grayed out. Top one it is for me.

#75810 Sunrise and Affiliate Banners

Posted by Misery on 03 June 2016 - 09:41 AM in Suggestions & Help

Well, the site is basically a hangout these days. I think Ignatius gives some good guidelines for how to represent the current community, but maybe it would make more sense to pick it based on how the site is designed (i.e. what it's intended to be). That said, I'm not sure how either of those would translate into a character representative, and don't have much of an opinion myself.

#75809 Introduction

Posted by Misery on 03 June 2016 - 09:18 AM in Entrance Hall

View PostGalactaRay, on 03 June 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

Fight fire with fire you know.
Seems more like fighting fire with venom

View PostIvan Strider, on 03 June 2016 - 05:49 AM, said:

it's not hating. It's trying to get people to join other, just as viable clans that have less people and aren't doing as well by stating facts that are against the most popular clan.
You're taking it too seriously

#75783 What Music Are You Listening To?

Posted by Misery on 02 June 2016 - 06:17 AM in Entertainment

#75782 Introduction

Posted by Misery on 02 June 2016 - 05:46 AM in Entrance Hall

Hello! Daev. Can I call you Daev? It will be hilarious. Daev pls

Welcome, nice to have you here, enjoy your stay.

As for me, I'm... an artistic nerd person. WIth a strong interest in games and game development, among other things. Recently I think I've also established myself as the site's Etrian Odyssey fanatic, though there are many other games I like to obsess about. I'm also a bigtime Golden Sun fan. You'd think that goes without saying, but some people on this site are actually not that into Golden Sun *glares*

Heads up that I'm not around much on the site, I do however haunt the skype chat frequently along with our other resident ghosts and lurkers.

#75724 Music: Elemental Stars [Epic Rock Cover]

Posted by Misery on 24 May 2016 - 08:10 PM in The Gallery

Sounds really nice, the composition lends itself well to those instruments

#75421 ATTN: GSAR

Posted by Misery on 02 April 2016 - 05:32 PM in General Discussion

#Vegaeolianism

#75288 *sneak sneak*

Posted by Misery on 20 March 2016 - 11:13 AM in Edge of the World

View PostKirigishi, on 19 March 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Did you miss me?
You missed the party.

#75273 Hinata, One Thread per Day Edition - "Let us speak the language of love~...

Posted by Misery on 19 March 2016 - 08:53 AM in Edge of the World

Language of drunkards

#75235 Hello French, my name is pregnant

Posted by Misery on 16 March 2016 - 01:25 PM in Edge of the World

View PostRavigast, on 16 March 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

What's going on here?
We're witnessing the first refugian to ever have the nerve to write his own appreciation thread... I think.

Alright Caldy, I appreciate you.

#75234 *sneak sneak*

Posted by Misery on 16 March 2016 - 01:23 PM in Edge of the World

You're never getting rid of me.

#75233 *sneak sneak*

View PostMerc, on 15 March 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:

we can get mis onto the site permanently

#75232 *sneak sneak*

View PostMerc, on 15 March 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

maybe if we poly-post enough