Starry Knight

• Law of The Cycle
    Archivist
    Jupiter
  • Jupiter Clan
  • 8,215 posts |
  • 169 Clan Points

POPULAR

Hey everyone! I hope your 2016 is going well so far!

Before I say anything else, I want to give my heartfelt thanks to Dave and the rest of staff, both current and former, for supporting our Refuge out of sheer love for the people here. The purpose of everything is so we can all enjoy our time together. And you all believed in me, which is more than I could have asked for from anyone. Special thanks to Loyola (Ignatius) for stepping in as our new admin! Having you onboard ensures that GSAR is in good hands. Now I can truly take a step back and breathe a little easier…

Yes, I’m finally stepping down. It’s about that time. =)

Up to now, I have been part of staff for much of my life on GSAR. Crazy, isn’t it? I joined in August of 2012 and was added on staff as a “temporary” moderator only two months later. I soon became a clan leader for Venus Clan, which soon turned into the Tellurian Republic (or did the Republic come first? I forget!). And then, in September of 2013, I was promoted to administrator.

Frankly, I rarely ever felt like I was real admin material. I still feel that way, even after everything that has happened to us. It's hard to explain why. But you know, despite personal doubt on my own abilities, I always had faith that we would all be okay in the end. Even if I made mistakes, we'll be okay somehow. You all are good and kind and thoughtful - it amazes me that we have the friends we do. And we will grow together, as long as we continue to support and care for each other. For all of my time here, this is my core belief. This is what I can rely on. Maybe that’s my one strength, haha. Then again, that’s not my strength, that’s ours. =P

But this does not explain why I stepped down. There are multiple reasons, most of them not unknown to you all.

Firstly, I believe that it’s best to not stay in power for too long. I want to leave room for other people to take on more responsibilities because they can do and imagine differently than I ever will! This will help us all in the long-run, I feel.

Second, I want to focus more of my energy on my studies and my offline life to pursue a deeply felt ideal of mine. I need to test how I fit into the grand scheme of the world. I know my direction, but I need more experience and understanding. To help with this, I plan on returning to school this year, which means I will have less time for GSAR. I will not disappear, but I will have to pull back…

And third… Well, I wanted to give Josh some company as another ex-staff member, lel. (By the way, he came up with the title, and Dave made the banner. It’s beautiful. Thank you both!)

Anyway, there’s always more I could say about GSAR and my time here. But I don’t want to be excessive. This announcement has already been delayed for a while now! Even though this has been on my mind for a long time now, I never exactly knew what I wanted to say in a post like this. Forgive me if this post rambled a little, or felt clumsy and incomplete. All I want you to know is this: I love you all, and I will always be here for you if you need me, admin or not!

Posted Image

"... but you can love completely without complete understanding." -Reverend Maclean, from "The River Runs Through It" (movie)

"grumble grumble stinkhead grumble grumble poop-for-snot grumble grumble dick" -Ryu Gaia

"Puhi gave the people food and made the seaweed farm."

Spoiler

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,763 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

POPULAR

View PostPatsy Dragon, on 13 January 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

Firstly, I believe that it’s best to not stay in power for too long.
sry guyz

Alternate Dimension Catman

Ultimate Maximum Best

• Golden Sunrise Ambassador
    Helion Troop
    Mars
  • Mars Clan
  • 616 posts |
  • 24 Clan Points
This means we can have another Draconian in the staff
In this life I have lived...

Posted Image

...I have not a single regret!

Dave

Big Boss

• Webmaster
    Eternal Flame
    Mars
  • Administrators
  • 1,763 posts |
  • 25 Clan Points

We're not looking to add another Administrator any time soon - 3 is a good number.

Kirigishi

Ranger

• Administrator
    Frost Knight
    Mercury
  • Administrators
  • 4,402 posts |
  • 295 Clan Points

I want a fancy new banner...

Dave, I'm stepping down too!

Only kidding, of course.

Patsy, we love you too. Thank you for everything you've done these past few years on staff, and for everything you continue to bring as a member of this community. I wish you the very best with all of your offline endeavors; I know you're going to be great.

Tawny779 said:

you come for the Golden Sun. You stay for the crazy <3

Misery said:

Common sense is the most uncommon of the senses.

Dave: I'm becoming a doctor.
Dave: I like people
Dave: ...when they're unconscious

Umbra_Clan

Totally not Skeletor

Daddy Meme Lord
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 2,875 posts |
  • 78 Clan Points

Do all ex-staff members get a banner?

Retirement gifts are nice.
Posted Image

@UmbrAndrew for twitter, follow me for no reason.

Spoiler

GalactaRay

Scholar

• Crashing Waves King
    Mercury
  • Mercury Clan
  • 2,317 posts |
  • 119 Clan Points

Good luck patsy with all your real life things. Have fun most of all

For some reason I get the feeling all staff members are currently designing their retirement banners in their heads.
Posted Image
A bunch of quotes below.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Lightseer

Apeiron Knight of the Holy Bryutannian Empire

• Second-in-Command
    Venus
  • Venus Clan
  • 812 posts |
  • 8 Clan Points

Best of luck to you, Patsy! I'm sorry to see you step down, but it sounds like it was the best decision for you.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users